Zasep Tulku Rinpoche

Terma

Zasep Tulku Rinpoche

Post by Terma »

Can anyone give their thoughts or first hand accounts of this teacher? Upon a little searching, the name seems to be dragged through a delicate topic, though the teacher himself has little to say aside from not really speaking poorly on either side.

I wish to make a (re-connection) with the lineage, as this is what I began studying some years ago. I have a lot of faith in Je Tsongkhapa and the Gelug lineage as a whole, however I have not made a personal connection with a teacher in order to stay clear.

So, I guess I need some assistance with "teacher checking".

Also, as I live near Toronto can anyone suggest a good Gelug teacher that I might be able to make a connection with?

Thank you.
zerwe

Re: Zasep Tulku Rinpoche

Post by zerwe »

Terma wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:03 am Can anyone give their thoughts or first hand accounts of this teacher? Upon a little searching, the name seems to be dragged through a delicate topic, though the teacher himself has little to say aside from not really speaking poorly on either side.

I wish to make a (re-connection) with the lineage, as this is what I began studying some years ago. I have a lot of faith in Je Tsongkhapa and the Gelug lineage as a whole, however I have not made a personal connection with a teacher in order to stay clear.

Also, as I live near Toronto can anyone suggest a good Gelug teacher that I might be able to make a connection with?

Thank you.
From what I understand he is on the side of the gyalpo in opposition to the mainstream and HHDL. I prefer not to disparage those who may benefit or have benefitted, but I personally can not recommend. This is an unfortunate complication when looking for teachers and a home within the lineage. There is a Geshe Sonam Ngodrup at Lama Yeshe Ling (FPMT) (and I believe his interpreter Ven. Khedrup used to post on here quite frequently)--Toronto area.

Shaun :namaste:
Terma

Post by Terma »

zerwe wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:01 am
Terma wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:03 am Can anyone give their thoughts or first hand accounts of this teacher? Upon a little searching, the name seems to be dragged through a delicate topic, though the teacher himself has little to say aside from not really speaking poorly on either side.

Thank you.
From what I understand he is on the side of the gyalpo in opposition to the mainstream and HHDL. I prefer not to disparage those who may benefit or have benefitted, but I personally can not recommend. This is an unfortunate complication when looking for teachers and a home within the lineage. There is a Geshe Sonam Ngodrup at Lama Yeshe Ling (FPMT) (and I believe his interpreter Ven. Khedrup used to post on here quite frequently)--Toronto area.

Shaun :namaste:
Thank you, Shaun. :anjali:

I suspected as much which is why I have kept my distance all these years. I will look to make a connection with Geshe Sonam at Lama Yeshe Ling.
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

zerwe wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:01 am There is a Geshe Sonam Ngodrup at Lama Yeshe Ling (FPMT) (and I believe his interpreter Ven. Khedrup used to post on here quite frequently)--Toronto area.
During lockdown I've been fortunate enough to be able to receive some teachings from Geshe Sonam Ngondrup through zoom/Facebook and I can't recommend him enough. Ven Khedrup is also very kind and helpful.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ

Return to “Gelug”