Hello from California

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Qwertyportne

Hello from California

Post by Qwertyportne »

Looking forward to participating in the forums, especially the forum on death and dying. My doctor hasn't told me I have X days or months to live but at this end of my life I am interested in making the most of however many days, months or years I have left. I'm a retired technical writer who likes to craft stories, how-to guides and blogs on what I call "Things that Matter." Several years ago, my knees told me I couldn't run any longer so now I hike and bike for exercise and peace of mind.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello from California

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Welcome. We look froward to your participation,

Shaun :namaste:
Qwertyportne

Post by Qwertyportne »

Not sure how valuable my participation will be. Several reasons for that. One is that I'm not yet a practicing Buddhist. Another is that my understanding of Buddhism has been strongly influenced by writers such as Jack Kornfield and Stephen Batchelor who promote what they call secular Buddhism. The reason I was attracted to their understanding was my experience with religion in general and Christianity in particular. So, my participation is more likely to be listening rather than posting. But I did reveal my "bias" in the Death & Dying forum. Thanks for the welcome!
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Welcome to DW!

By all means, reach to the truth inside and write!
I know i’ll be happy to read.

:namaste:
Cornelia

Return to “Introductions”