No email contact to HE Garchen Rinpoche

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Donny

Re: No email contact to HE Garchen Rinpoche

Post by Donny »

Lingpupa wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:14 pm
Donny wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:56 pm
Lingpupa wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:49 pm

I recently had a tooth extracted. I'm saving it for a similar purpose. Worked when I was four!
Well there is a lot of wisdom and openness in four year olds. I think we can learn something from them.

To be honest, I really don't get the motivation behind answers like this. Is it supposed to be funny? Is it a way to display superiority? What benefits is there in mocking trust in your Guru and Yidam? Why practice at all, when these things are an seen as a reason for mockery?

Wrting is always a way to clear yourself and formulate intentions. When writing letters and never sending them can initiate change even for people in therapy - why shouln't it work when its addressed to the buddhas and bodhisattvas.

In 2019 HE Garchen Rinpoche gave a talk about his relationship with Tara and the instances where she saved his life. There he said:
“Each time I found myself in a difficult situation, the deity protected me, and my trust in her increased. This is why I tell everyone, ‘The deity is there. If you have faith and trust, the deity will be there, and your clear and trusting faith in the deity will increase.’ This is why I am sharing my story.”
Why discourage and mock trust and devotion?
Donny, you are right. It was unnecessarily sarcastic, and a slap on my wrist is well-deserved.
And I overreacted a bit ;) Thanks for the honesty :anjali:
"To the sharp weapons of the demons, you offered delicate flowers in return. When the enraged Devadatta pushed down a boulder to kill you, you practiced silence. Son of the Sakyas, incapable of casting even an angry glance at your enemy, what intelligent person would honor you as a friend for protection from the great enemy, fearful samsara?"
(Gendun Chopel)

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”