prayers for a particular person (me)

Requesting and offering prayers and aspirations for those in need.
rozoksmaslom

Re: prayers for a particular person (me)

Post by rozoksmaslom »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:28 pm
rozoksmaslom wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:03 pm
[I am not sure if my problem is permanent or can be fixed (which thankfully, at least leaves me some room for hope), but I am yet to find a solution on how to prevent these "conditions that cause these effects" from happening. As it's sometimes involuntary, sometimes accidentary (without any actual good or bad intentions).
Everybody has to live with their mistakes.
But if doesn’t mean that we have to repeat them.
rozoksmaslom wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:03 pm As it's sometimes involuntary, sometimes accidentary (without any actual good or bad intentions).
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:00 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:28 pm
rozoksmaslom wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:03 pm
[I am not sure if my problem is permanent or can be fixed (which thankfully, at least leaves me some room for hope), but I am yet to find a solution on how to prevent these "conditions that cause these effects" from happening. As it's sometimes involuntary, sometimes accidentary (without any actual good or bad intentions).
Everybody has to live with their mistakes.
But if doesn’t mean that we have to repeat them.
rozoksmaslom wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:03 pm As it's sometimes involuntary, sometimes accidentary (without any actual good or bad intentions).
That’s right. Things can happen to us that are both beyond our control and also not connected to our intentions or actions. Some people face more hardships in life than others do. It’s simply a fact of existence, which is why the Buddha taught that one needs to avoid becoming (“rebirth”).

Although some life conditions are better than others, Ultimately it is not the conditions themselves which are the source of suffering. It is our own minds and how we experience those conditions (in modern language we’d say “it’s all about your attitude”). Of course very often this is more easily said than done. We can’t just casually wish away our problems. Is life “fair”? No.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:28 pm Don’t blame misfortunes on causes that have nothing to do with them.
then why do I experience intense suffering when using certain devices, after I touch foods that have sugar in them? It's absolutely crushing. Certainly not the conditions/effects I want when I want to create positive results in my life/career, because those results would cause the same exact pain as the initial "usage" of such devices (pc, phone, car, etc).
Not always tho, only after "lose" the approval (to use those things) of my family, which happens after I touch sugary things. It's an unbelievable bizzare and frankly messed up situation.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:06 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:28 pm Don’t blame misfortunes on causes that have nothing to do with them.
then why do I experience intense suffering when using certain devices, after I touch foods that have sugar in them? It's absolutely crushing. Certainly not the conditions/effects I want when I want to create positive results in my life/career, because those results would cause the same exact pain as the initial "usage" of such devices (pc, phone, car, etc).
Not always tho, only after "lose" the approval (to use those things) of my family, which happens after I touch sugary things. It's an unbelievable bizzare and frankly messed up situation.

I would try an experiment:

Without telling you which one is which, have a friend pour a tablespoon of either salt or sugar into your hand. How does it make you feel? If it’s salt, there should be nothing unusual. If it’s sugar, then you should feel discomfort, according to what you are saying here.

They need to write down each time which it is, salt or sugar, and what your reaction to it was. Again, you can’t know which it is, salt or sugar. Your friend can write either “P” for painful, or “OK” if not painful. They should not alternate evenly salt/sugar/salt/sugar but do something like salt, sugar, salt, salt, sugar, salt, sugar, sugar and so on.

Also, rinse your hand between each trial so there is no salt of sugar residue on your skin.

Do this 10 times: 5 times, you get a handful of salt, and 5 times you get a handful of sugar. Your friend knows which is which, But you don’t know.

Then, look at the results.

If what you think is happening is what is actually happening, then all of the times that sugar was put into your hand should be marked with “P” to indicate that you felt pain, and all of the times that salt was put into your hand should have “OK” to indicate you felt no pain.

Actually, doing this 20 times will be even better.
This will actually reveal to you whether or not the sugar has anything to do with the effects you are feeling. If you felt pain when the salt was put into your hand, then it can be determined that sugar had nothing to do with it.

There was once a man who thought he had become allergic to his sister. Every time she was around, he broke out on a rash. He thought it had to do with some kind of anger issues from childhood. But it turned out that she had recently started to use some kind of new shampoo or perfume or something that he was allergic to.
EMPTIFUL.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

I appreciate your response, but that would be extremely awkward for me and everyone else to conduct, I guess.
You wanna know if it's some sort of placebo effect?
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:09 pm What’s foolish is to ignore good advice when you have asked people for it, and they offer it.
I am sorry, there is a chance I have missed something, but I didn't really found any real solution to my problem yet.
Just attitude and or helping people doesn't really solve much. :cry:
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:22 pmJust attitude and or helping people doesn't really solve much. :cry:
On the contrary, helping people is very important for your inner and outer wellbeing:
The rewards of virtue

[Ananda:] "What, O Venerable One, is the reward and blessing of wholesome morality?"
[The Buddha:] "Freedom from remorse, Ananda."
"And of freedom from remorse?"
"Joy, Ananda"
"And of joy?"
"Rapture, Ananda"
"And of rapture?"
"Tranquillity, Ananda."
"And of tranquillity?"
"Happiness, Ananda."
"And of happiness?"
"Concentration, Ananda."
"And of concentration?"
"Vision and knowledge according to reality."
"And of the vision and knowledge according to reality?"
"Turning away and detachment, Ananda."
"And of turning away and detachment?"
"The vision and knowledge with regard to Deliverance, Ananda."
— AN 10.1 (Nyanatiloka, trans.; from Path to Deliverance, pp. 65-66)
Namu Amida Butsu
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

明安 Myoan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:50 pm On the contrary, helping people is very important for your inner and outer wellbeing:
Yes, pardon I phrased that wrong. I try to help others whenever/however I can, it indeed does help a little, just not with my actual, or biggest problem.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:53 pm I appreciate your response, but that would be extremely awkward for me and everyone else to conduct, I guess.
You wanna know if it's some sort of placebo effect?
I would think that if it’s that important to you, you’d be able to find one person to help you. It’s not complicated. A half cup of sugar, a half cup of salt, a piece of paper and a pencil, and a teaspoon. Should take less that 30 minutes.

You can also do the experiment all by yourself, with a little more preparation.

I didn’t say it’s a placebo effect although it very well might be (there’s a reason why it’s called “placebo effect”). There could be other things in the sweet items that cause you have that reaction, and not the sugar at all.
EMPTIFUL.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:06 pm
99% of the time, if you can’t find the right answer, it means you are asking the wrong question.

You haven’t really given much detail about the chain of events. Like, why you need people’s permission to use certain devices, and so on.
EMPTIFUL.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:12 am You haven’t really given much detail about the chain of events. Like, why you need people’s permission to use certain devices, and so on.
Because if I don't have it (the permission) I would suffer all those things I mentioned.
Before I give detail about the chain of events, didn't Buddha advised against talking about dangers (and war)?
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:08 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:12 am You haven’t really given much detail about the chain of events. Like, why you need people’s permission to use certain devices, and so on.
Because if I don't have it (the permission) I would suffer all those things I mentioned.
Before I give detail about the chain of events, didn't Buddha advised against talking about dangers (and war)?
I think that most people learn from an early age that if you need permission to do (or use) something, and you don’t have permission, and you do (use) that thing anyway, that you have broken a sort of rule. You have crossed over from right to wrong. It’s the same reason as why we don’t take things that don’t belong to us.

If you are a basically moral or ethical person, most of the time you will feel some kind of anxiety when you break rules. If my brother tells me not to touch his phone, and when he is not here, I use his phone, if I am an honest person, I will feel some anxiety because now I have to hide the fact of what I have done. I might even panic and worry that he will somehow find out.

Of course, a person with no sense of what is right and wrong will not experience such problems. They will steal or break rules and they don’t care. But that’s not really a good thing.

Some people who are extremely conscious about being a good person may feel physical pain when they do things they should not do. This is caused by a sense of guilt. Very often this is a feeling of sickness in the stomach. But it could also cause a feeling of itching or cause any number of physiological problems. The same is true for people who feel guilty about masturbation.

Also, if one is trying to avoid eating certain foods, and they are tempted to eat those foods, then again, this can cause mental conflicts. If you are trying to lose weight or eat a healthier diet, and are tempted to eat sweet pastries, then this will create a conflict in the mind. That mental stress can also produce physical pain. You haven’t said whether or not you are trying to maintain sugar free diet.

All of this, including your other thread on this topic, may simply be a case of having a “guilty conscience” which is manifesting with physical symptoms. If that’s the case, this could have all been wrapped up along time ago.
:roll:
EMPTIFUL.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

if only if it was as simple as you make out to be
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:59 pm if only if it was as simple as you make out to be
It might be.
If you don’t test out your theory about the causes of your predicament, you’ll never know and you’ll never stop suffering, will you?
EMPTIFUL.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:59 pm if only if it was as simple as you make out to be
What happens if you don’t use others’ things without permission, and don’t go after sweet food?
EMPTIFUL.
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:42 pm All of this, including your other thread on this topic, may simply be a case of having a “guilty conscience” which is manifesting with physical symptoms. If that’s the case, this could have all been wrapped up along time ago.
so a solution to my problem is?
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:02 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:42 pm All of this, including your other thread on this topic, may simply be a case of having a “guilty conscience” which is manifesting with physical symptoms. If that’s the case, this could have all been wrapped up along time ago.
Go a long way with Om Mani Padme Hum for example anyone can practice it it's open

As you said before you're not keen on empowerments at this time
rozoksmaslom

Post by rozoksmaslom »

PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:22 pm
What happens if you don’t use others’ things without permission, and don’t go after sweet food?
I don't use others' things, especially not without permission.. things that I experience are caused by using my own devices
also I don't go after sweet food, when you don't eat them, after a few months (of not eating them), you won't be attracted to them at all, I basically avoid them as much as possible.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

rozoksmaslom wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 pm
PadmaVonSamba wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:22 pm
I don't use others' things, especially not without permission.. things that I experience are caused by using my own devices
also I don't go after sweet food, when you don't eat them, after a few months (of not eating them), you won't be attracted to them at all, I basically avoid them as much as possible.
Sorry, it’s a bit confusing because before, you said:
Attachments
7B37CDAC-A14E-4991-A081-5E269FE4A6F1.png
7B37CDAC-A14E-4991-A081-5E269FE4A6F1.png (51.78 KiB) Viewed 1430 times
EMPTIFUL.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

:meditate:
rozoksmaslom wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:02 pm
Either don’t do those things that make you feel guilty,
or decide that there’s no reason to feel guilty about those things to begin with.
EMPTIFUL.

Return to “Prayers and Aspirations”