Mipham

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
naljor

Mipham

Post by naljor »

Are the simple practices or sadhanas by Mipham Rinpoche in Anuyoga style?
Malcolm

Re: Mipham

Post by Malcolm »

naljor wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:54 pm Are the simple practices or sadhanas by Mipham Rinpoche in Anuyoga style?
Too many to count.
naljor

Post by naljor »

Kurukulla?
ratna

Post by ratna »

naljor wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:46 pmKurukulla?
Even on Lotsawa House.
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

Malcolm wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:24 pm
naljor wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:54 pm Are the simple practices or sadhanas by Mipham Rinpoche in Anuyoga style?
Too many to count.
This is tangential but as I recall, Malcolm, you have said before that if you have an empowerment into a deity you can practice other sadhanas than what is specifically what you got empowerment for. For example I believe the one you mentioned was if you had Vajrakilaya empowerment, you could practice basically an Vajrakilaya sadhana.

Someone else on this thread pointed out a very short Kurukulla sadhana from Mipham. If one had a kurukulla empowerment is it permissible to practice that sadhana even without a formal lung?

What about if one has a 21 taras empowerment - is that sufficient, given that Kurukulla is generally held to be one of the 21 Taras?

Thank you. :anjali:
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Get the lung.

This question of lung comes up over and over again. When I want to practice something that I don't have the lung for, I go out and get it one way or another. Then I can practice with confidence.

Now that it is widely accepted that lung can be given over the Internet, Zoom, Skype, telephone, etc., it is not that hard to get lungs. There are many Lamas now Who are a daily presence on Facebook. Message one of them and ask them 1) do you have this lung, and B) would you give it to me if I Zoomed/Skyped/called you. If the Lama doesn't answer you, ask another Lama. If the Lama's answer is no to either or both questions, then again ask another Lama. If a Lama does give you the lung you are looking for, be sure to send them an offering via Paypal or other such means as a thanksgiving. Also, when receiving the lung, be sure to start with a mandala offering followed by the traditional request for teachings.

As an example, Tulku Yeshi Gyamtso in Seatle is very open to giving lungs and is easily messaged on Facebook. Lama Jigme Namgyal Rinpoche in Las Vegas is also very open to giving lungs.

Where there is a will there is a way. Don't be a shrinking violet.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

ThreeVows wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:11 pm

Someone else on this thread pointed out a very short Kurukulla sadhana from Mipham. If one had a kurukulla empowerment is it permissible to practice that sadhana even without a formal lung?
Generally, you should have the lung.
ThreeVows

Post by ThreeVows »

Thanks for the replies.
“Whoever wants to find the wisdom beyond intellect without praying to his guru is like someone waiting for the sun to shine in a cave facing the north. He will never realize appearances and his mind to be one.”
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche
Domingo

Post by Domingo »

pemachophel wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:59 pm Lama Jigme Namgyal Rinpoche in Las Vegas is also very open to giving lungs.
Sorry for being off topic, but is this the same Jigme Namgyal as this one?:

https://www.tibetculture.lu/v2/lama

... if it's the same person, doesn't he live in Luxembourg anymore?
གཏད་མེད་བྱུང་རྒྱལ་དུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
འཛིན་མེད་རང་གྲོལ་དུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
གུ་ཡངས་བློ་བདེ་རུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
མ་བཅོས་རང་བབས་སུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
ཨ་ཨ།
GrapeLover

Post by GrapeLover »

Domingo wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:35 pm
pemachophel wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:59 pm Lama Jigme Namgyal Rinpoche in Las Vegas is also very open to giving lungs.
Sorry for being off topic, but is this the same Jigme Namgyal as this one?:

https://www.tibetculture.lu/v2/lama

... if it's the same person, doesn't he live in Luxembourg anymore?
A different lama of Padma Rigdzin Ling temple

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”