Pictures of Paltrul Rinpoche??

KonchogUrgyenNyima

Pictures of Paltrul Rinpoche??

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

Two questions,

Of the two attached images, does anyone know which is the “real” Patrul Rinpoche? They certainly don’t look like the same lama to me.

Also, where do these photos come from? Does anyone know who took them or where? The story behind them?

Also interested in similar photos of other lamas. I saw another photo which was rumored to be Shabkar lama. Any cool old pictures of amazing lamas is welcome

KonchogUrgyenNyima

Re: Pictures of Paltrul Rinpoche??

https://i.imgur.com/a8XQCLS.jpg

Whoops here’s the other picture
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

Afaik both are yangsi or tulkus of the 1st Patrul Rinp.
Lost In Transmission
KonchogUrgyenNyima

lelopa wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:44 am Afaik both are yangsi or tulkus of the 1st Patrul Rinp.
Ah that makes a lot of sense. I should have looked at dates a little bit closer. Very cool.
ninespokes

Post by ninespokes »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:34 am Two questions,

Of the two attached images, does anyone know which is the “real” Patrul Rinpoche? They certainly don’t look like the same lama to me.

Also, where do these photos come from? Does anyone know who took them or where? The story behind them?

Also interested in similar photos of other lamas. I saw another photo which was rumored to be Shabkar lama. Any cool old pictures of amazing lamas is welcome

A Facebook page called Naldjor posts incredible photos of great masters and practitioners, and holy places and objects, often with background info, too. It's a treasure trove.

Return to “Nyingma”