PERFECTION OF PATIENCE The Supreme Peace bestowed on-line by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Kalavinka

PERFECTION OF PATIENCE The Supreme Peace bestowed on-line by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche

Post by Kalavinka »

UPDATE: THE PERFECTION OF PATIENCE TEACHING EVENT IS NOW SCHEDULED ON 04 FEBRUARY 2023, 12:30 PM – 2PM EST

https://drikungdharmasurya.org/upcoming-events/

“To me in this world there are only two types of beings: my benefactors of love and my benefactors of patience. The majority are my benefactors of love; they are very kind and help me. Some try to cause harm and create obstacles; these are my benefactors of patience.

The kindness of each benefactor is equal, and thus my love for them is equal. Maybe my benefactors of patience are even kinder to me, as they allow me to practice the perfection of patience. I am thus very grateful to all those who do not like me and make me tame my anger. At the same time, I feel great compassion for their sorrow, but as they allow me to practice patience and my anger and jealousy to gradually diminish, they are my teachers.

Thus, in the end, when I attain enlightenment and all my anger and jealousy are no more, it is due to their kindness. For this reason, I love them greatly.” H.E. GARCHEN RINPOCHE
Brunelleschi

Re: PERFECTION OF PATIENCE The Supreme Peace bestowed on-line by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche

Post by Brunelleschi »

What is this event? It's an oral transmission?
Kalavinka

Re: PERFECTION OF PATIENCE The Supreme Peace bestowed on-line by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche

Post by Kalavinka »

I guess you could describe it as pith instructions based on Garchen Rinpoche’s personal life experiences, especially his time in prison. He was especially talking about the role of patience in protecting bodhicitta and love. The recording is now on the Garchen Institute YouTube.

Return to “Dharma Events”