A good reason for making copies of the Digital Archive of ChNN

oldbob

A good reason for making copies of the Digital Archive of ChNN

Post by oldbob »

:namaste:

Please note the date of this news article.

If anyone has power at Merigar please send copies of the unique and irreplaceable Digital Archive of ChNN at least to Argentina and Australia.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... g-medvedev

:heart:
Domingo

Re: A good reason for making copies of the Digital Archive of ChNN

Post by Domingo »

Well, with Yeshi's IT background, I'm pretty sure they have more than one backup at only one place. If not, it would be really stupid. Even I have my private stuff (photos, recordings of teachings etc.) backed up at two different physical places.
གཏད་མེད་བྱུང་རྒྱལ་དུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
འཛིན་མེད་རང་གྲོལ་དུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
གུ་ཡངས་བློ་བདེ་རུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
མ་བཅོས་རང་བབས་སུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
ཨ་ཨ།
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

oldbob wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:06 pm :namaste:

Please note the date of this news article.

If anyone has power at Merigar please send copies of the unique and irreplaceable Digital Archive of ChNN at least to Argentina and Australia.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... g-medvedev

:heart:
Not long ago IDC raise funds to the digitalization and storage of the archive. Lot of money and work was needed so its not so easy. It would take time, money and people. Its not just a few.clicks
Leif

Post by Leif »

oldbob wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:06 pm Please note the date of this news article.
Also the author and circumstances. Just fear mongering.
There are plenty of people in DC with very solid IT background, I've no worries whatsoever.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Leif wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:41 am
oldbob wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:06 pm Please note the date of this news article.
Also the author and circumstances. Just fear mongering.
Zero Hedge is a far-right libertarian financial rag. It's total garbage, full of alt-right conspiracy theories, pro-Russian propaganda, and utter nonsense.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Domingo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:02 pm Well, with Yeshi's IT background, I'm pretty sure they have more than one backup at only one place.
Sounds like you don’t know many IT people…
Domingo

Post by Domingo »

PeterC wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:45 am
Domingo wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:02 pm Well, with Yeshi's IT background, I'm pretty sure they have more than one backup at only one place.
To be honest, actually most of the people I know backup their stuff on different cloud services, not in different physical places. That's one solution. However, I prefer to keep my stuff with me...
གཏད་མེད་བྱུང་རྒྱལ་དུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
འཛིན་མེད་རང་གྲོལ་དུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
གུ་ཡངས་བློ་བདེ་རུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
མ་བཅོས་རང་བབས་སུ་ཞོག་ཅིག།
ཨ་ཨ།
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Domingo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:48 am
PeterC wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:45 am
To be honest, actually most of the people I know backup their stuff on different cloud services, not in different physical places. That's one solution. However, I prefer to keep my stuff with me...
My experience of IT is that when something is deleted by accident, it should have been backed up but somehow wasn’t; and when you’re hacked, there was data lying around that should have been deleted but wasn’t.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

The alarmist OP has been answered adequately and nothing substantive has been added since then so I am locking the thread.

As usual, anyone with anything significant to contribute is welcome to PM a moderator to get the topic re-opened.

:namaste:
Kim

Return to “Dzogchen”