It has been one year since Thay's passing.

It'sYa1UPBoy

It has been one year since Thay's passing.

Post by It'sYa1UPBoy »

May his memory be forever blessed. His writings have truly elucidated the Dharma for me and remind me daily to cultivate compassion and nonattachment, and I am far from the only person whose life he has impacted.

https://plumvillage.org/articles/three- ... nhat-hanh/

In gassho,

:anjali:
narhwal90
Global Moderator

Re: It has been one year since Thay's passing.

Post by narhwal90 »

I had an interesting dream about him a few months ago. He was the teacher and we were paddling canoes along a bayou somewhere...
It'sYa1UPBoy

Post by It'sYa1UPBoy »

That sounds lovely, that dream. I wish I could have met him before his passing, but I only really got serious about Buddhism in the past year. Sure, I'd heard of Thay in the past, but I hadn't read him closely. Nonetheless, it is his teachings that are important, and I do have access to those, for which I am very grateful. We live in a wondrous time: widespread literacy and affordable printed books (as well as affordable digital texts!) mean that I can listen to him teach any time I want.
It'sYa1UPBoy

Post by It'sYa1UPBoy »

Hey! I just got an email from Parallax Press about the anniversary! Today they are offering the eBook version of At Home in The World for free with the coupon code Legacy in commemoration. I've gotten my copy but I thought I'd share the good news. It will come in an EPUB file format, so you just need to move it to the folder that your other Kindle eBooks are in (e.g. if you have Kindle on PC it would be /Documents/My Kindle Content/) and it will automatically show up in your library.
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

Made specially for the first anniversary of the passing of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, "I Have Arrived, I Am Home" is a new documentary from filmmaker Max Pugh (A Cloud Never Dies, Walk With Me). The film includes footage and commentary on Thich Nhat Hanh's return to his native Vietnam, where he lived from 2018 until his passing on 22 January 2022.

The international Plum Village Community is making this film available to everyone for free to honor our dear teacher and inspire viewers to walk the path of mindful living.

Return to “Thien”