Tourette's Documentary

A place to post videos, pictures, and any other sort of Buddhist or non-Buddhist media.
Virgo

Tourette's Documentary

Post by Virgo »

This is good documentary on Tourette's Syndrome. It's quite informative. It's also quite funny. And as someone with Tourette's, yes it's fine to laugh. :smile:

Virgo
Virgo

Re: Tourette's Documentary

Post by Virgo »

My physical tics are more like Billie's in this clip (sorry to put you on blast Billie :heart: ):

I have had them since childhood but they were mild enough that I could usually suppress them until I was alone or get away with just letting a few of them out in public (usually is the key word), but the frequency and severity increased a lot in 2018 and it never went back to the way it was before that.

Virgo
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

There are two reasons I am posting this.

1. It is good for people to see it and understand what it is so there is less stigma about it. When I was young there was a lot of stigma around this. Now, not so much. That is, in large part, due to Billie Eilish being a famous person and speaking about her Tourette's.

2. These kinds of things are inspiring for people who have Tourette's, and can help them feel normal.

Mine picked up in 2018, but I was used to having them, so even then I didn't speak to a doctor about it. Like I said earlier before that it was easier to suppress them and I just didn't really deal with it properly.

It wasn't until I saw this video which I will show below that I became inspired to get diagnosed and to be open about it.

Although I wasn't particularly of fan of hers at the time, she inspired me to do that with this interview. Thank you Billie. You are an inspiration.

Today, as I reflect on it on a few years later, I am so much better off for it. Thank you Billie.

Virgo
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Astrology never ceases to amaze me. The sun is coming up to conjoin pluto which has to do with hidden hurts, wounds, and things that have hidden or unspoken powers. The sun is my 3'r house lord, and I was wondering for a few days how this transit was going to affect me. I had no idea I was going to create this thread today or even reflect on this (tourette's) a lot today. Clearly this is how this conjunction is manifesting for me.

As an aside, I looked at Billie Eilishe's chart, which is publically available, and her benefic jupiter sit's directly on top of my ascendant point.

Virgo
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Claire Sophia is another person with Tourette's who has a great channel:

:namaste: Virgo
master of puppets

Post by master of puppets »

:alien:

There was a girl neighborhood here with a similar syndrome which ı know. ı know because those days ı was using public transport vehicles mostly and we mostly come face to face on subway.

she was very beautiful. and single; don't know what has she done now. :jedi:
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

master of puppets wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:43 am :alien:

There was a girl neighborhood here with a similar syndrome which ı know. ı know because those days ı was using public transport vehicles mostly and we mostly come face to face on subway.

Sounds like you need to find yourself a Tourette's woman. :rolling:

:thumbsup:

Virgo
master of puppets

Post by master of puppets »

Virgo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:36 pm
master of puppets wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:43 am :alien:

Sounds like you need to find yourself a Tourette's woman. :rolling:

Virgo
most stammering people always come attractive to me, don't know if all touretteses are beautiful like her. may be mine is psychological to feel intimacy something like to that people..

life is short and seems no end to life sufferings,

🙏🏻

amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Since gettind Shaktipat many years ago i thouht it might be helpfull for those wih tourette's.
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

Virgo please can I ask you, how having Tourette's syndrom changed your view and opinion on dharma? Was it a determinant factor for choosing a buddhist lineage? Thank you
Memento mori
Remember that you die
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Mirror wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:02 am Virgo please can I ask you, how having Tourette's syndrom changed your view and opinion on dharma? Was it a determinant factor for choosing a buddhist lineage? Thank you
I can't say it's really influenced which lineage I practice, but it was certainly influential in helping me realize the importance of the Four Noble Truths.

My compassionate teachers helped me choose the Mahayana.

Virgo
amanitamusc

Post by amanitamusc »

Double
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

Virgo wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:43 am I can't say it's really influenced which lineage I practice, but it was certainly influential in helping me realize the importance of the Four Noble Truths.

My compassionate teachers helped me choose the Mahayana.

Virgo
Thank you :namaste:
Memento mori
Remember that you die
ManiThePainter

Post by ManiThePainter »

Virgo wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:43 am
I can't say it's really influenced which lineage I practice, but it was certainly influential in helping me realize the importance of the Four Noble Truths.
Can you speak more about this?

As someone who also has Tourettes, I still struggle to see it as anything but an affliction. It was much worse when I was a kid where I had vocal tics, but now it’s primarily facial muscles that I tense (which thankfully goes unnoticed by almost everybody).

I do find that getting caught up in the web of thoughts aggravates it which is good for awareness. Meditation stills it which is quite nice.
"Don't mind me, just trying to find the nearest exit"
- someone stuck in Samsara... or maybe lost in Walmart

Return to “Media”