Some questions about Acala and Vajrapani

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
Nattapong

Some questions about Acala and Vajrapani

Post by Nattapong »

So, I've been reading about the three most important Buddhas in Tibet. Manjushri for wisdom, Chenrezig for compassion, and Vajrapani for power. And I'm planning to start a daily practice with their mantras (for wisdom, compassion, and power/protection). However, with Vajrapani, I connect more with the wrathful Buddha Acala. Does anyone know if chanting Acalas mantra would have the same benefits as Vajrapani?

Also, some questions on pronunciation. I've been practicing Yungdrung Bon, and the words soha, and hung, are actually mystical words that target specific chakras. As opposed to just being incorrect Sanskrit pronunciations by Tibetans. So I like soha and hung instead of swaha and hum. However, with Acalas basic mantra

[Mod note: Video deleted, because publishing the mantra of wrathful dieties is inappropriate at DW.]

This. It's being chanted with the normal hum, instead of hung. And I can't find a teacher that chants with hung. Does anyone know any Rinpoches that use hung instead of hum with this specific Acala mantra? Like this. "Om Chandamaharoshana hung pay"

Same with Vajrapani. I want to chant "... Edit..., but can't find a Rinpoche chanting this way on youtube. In case you're wondering why I'm looking for recordings with this specific pronunciation, it's because I want to chant the mantras this way, but I'll be filled with doubt unless I find a teacher chanting exactly the same way. I'm crazy lol :rolleye:

Anyways, thanks in advance. :namaste:
Soma999

Re: Some questions about Acala and Vajrapani

Post by Soma999 »

You can recite in tibetan or sanskrit. It’s the same.
Om mani peme hung
Or
Om mani padme hum

It’s all the same.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Some questions about Acala and Vajrapani

Post by Ayu »

I moved this topic to Buddhist Tantra Talk.
From now on, further conversation can be lead via PM.

:namaste:

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”