what is the latest news of khenpo Sodargye?

dawn of peace

what is the latest news of khenpo Sodargye?

Post by dawn of peace »

khenpo Sodargye from Larung Gar Buddhist Academy had been considered to be one of the most active and popular Nyingma teachers in Chinese speaking internet circle for a decade. but between the end of 2019 and early 2020, a lot of his dharma materials gone off line. his website(mercy and wisdom) have been shut down. Since then, he hardly made any public appearances in Chinese speaking internet circle. does anyone know the latest news of Khenpo Sodargy.?
PemaSherab

Re: what is the latest news of khenpo Sodargye?

Post by PemaSherab »

Is this the same Khenpo?

https://khenposodargye.org
Q:Is the ability “to see what is in front of us” a way of escaping from the image-prison which surrounds us?
A: Very definitely, yes. But this is an ability which very few people have, and fewer and fewer as time passes.

Excerpt From
The Job
William S. Burroughs
dawn of peace

Post by dawn of peace »

PemaSherab wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:48 pm Is this the same Khenpo?

yes, but his Chinese website closed around the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020.
PemaSherab

Post by PemaSherab »

dawn of peace wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:01 pm

yes, but his Chinese website closed around the end of 2019 and beginning of 2020.
Ok, I thought you were asking if they were still active etc.
Q:Is the ability “to see what is in front of us” a way of escaping from the image-prison which surrounds us?
A: Very definitely, yes. But this is an ability which very few people have, and fewer and fewer as time passes.

Excerpt From
The Job
William S. Burroughs
dawn of peace

Post by dawn of peace »

PemaSherab wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:48 am
dawn of peace wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:01 pm

Ok, I thought you were asking if they were still active etc.
yes
Natan

Post by Natan »

dawn of peace wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:28 pm khenpo Sodargye from Larung Gar Buddhist Academy had been considered to be one of the most active and popular Nyingma teachers in Chinese speaking internet circle for a decade. but between the end of 2019 and early 2020, a lot of his dharma materials gone off line. his website(mercy and wisdom) have been shut down. Since then, he hardly made any public appearances in Chinese speaking internet circle. does anyone know the latest news of Khenpo Sodargy.?
I kept seeing videos of his teaching on FB until last month. It would be sad if China is cracking down again.
dawn of peace

Post by dawn of peace »

Natan wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:07 pm I kept seeing videos of his teaching on FB until last month.
what does FB stand for?
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

dawn of peace wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:28 pm
Natan wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:07 pm I kept seeing videos of his teaching on FB until last month.
what does FB stand for?
Facebook.

Different people abbreviate it to Fb or fb.

:coffee:
Kim
Tsewang88

Post by Tsewang88 »

I still receive regular updates from his mailing list. I was lucky to catch some of his live zoom teachings during the pandemic. I think he may have stopped live broadcasts to keep a low profile although he is still posting recorded teachings on FB.
Karma Samten

Post by Karma Samten »

From what I heard, he is still teaching at the Larung Gar, this Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/@zhihuihai1/videos has regular updates from him, but I won't be totally surprised if it gets taken down due to political pressure.

If you want to get regular updates, you better find their WeChat group, which is their go-to place and it's pretty closed, as they want to keep a very low profile for the obvious reason.
ItsRaining

Post by ItsRaining »

Tsewang88 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:06 am I still receive regular updates from his mailing list. I was lucky to catch some of his live zoom teachings during the pandemic. I think he may have stopped live broadcasts to keep a low profile although he is still posting recorded teachings on FB.
Online religious events like Zoom now have to be regulated and licensed by the ccp. They probably didn't give him approval.
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

You got to give it to the CCP to always get themselves inserted in everything.
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

mingweicello

Post by mingweicello »

the latest activity is the publication of his translation of Sera Khandro's autobiography, though not a public publication, but can be ordered and obtained easily within Buddhism circle.
he also had other official publications updated, such as dolpopa's commentary on maitreya's sublime tantra.
heart

Post by heart »

mingweicello wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:50 pm the latest activity is the publication of his translation of Sera Khandro's autobiography, though not a public publication, but can be ordered and obtained easily within Buddhism circle.
he also had other official publications updated, such as dolpopa's commentary on maitreya's sublime tantra.
Could you let me know how to purchase Sera Khandro's autobiography?

[Mod note: The topic continues here:] https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=42835
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Nyingma”