21 nails translations

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
climb-up

21 nails translations

Post by climb-up »

At one point there was a translation of the 21 nails by TWR. Does anyone know if that is still available.

Also, and forgive me if this is obvious but I don’t know the Tibetan name of the text, is the book “Precepts of the dharmakaya” by John Reynolds, translating the “21 little nails,” the same text?
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
James Sealy

Re: 21 nails translations

Post by James Sealy »

climb-up wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:19 pm At one point there was a translation of the 21 nails by TWR. Does anyone know if that is still available.

Also, and forgive me if this is obvious but I don’t know the Tibetan name of the text, is the book “Precepts of the dharmakaya” by John Reynolds, translating the “21 little nails,” the same text?
That Zerbu Nyishu (gzer bu nyi shu) By: Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and Gerd Manusch is present in my library.
It is the highest Dzogchen teaching within the ZZNG Dzogchen cycle of teachings.
I have also studied the "Precepts of Dharmakaya" written by John, but the TWR interpretation is better.
So both texts deal with Zerbu Nyishu (gzer bu nyi shu) / 21 little nails / seals.
Domingo

Post by Domingo »

There's a translation by Tenzin Wangyal? I'm only aware of a commentary by him, compiled, edited and introduced
by
naldjorpa...
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

James Sealy wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:56 pm
climb-up wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:19 pm At one point there was a translation of the 21 nails by TWR. Does anyone know if that is still available.

That Zerbu Nyishu (gzer bu nyi shu) By: Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and Gerd Manusch is present in my library.
It is the highest Dzogchen teaching within the ZZNG Dzogchen cycle of teachings.
I have also studied the "Precepts of Dharmakaya" written by John, but the TWR interpretation is better.
So both texts deal with Zerbu Nyishu (gzer bu nyi shu) / 21 little nails / seals.
Thank you.
…no ideas where one could currently get a copy of TWR’s translation do you?
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
sol lucet omnibus

Post by sol lucet omnibus »

Here you find the publications of Naldjor:

https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.p ... pa#p477672

if you scroll down you find this commentary:
Zhangzhung Nyengyü Instructions

The Twenty-One Seals - Zerbu, From the Oral Transmission of the Great Perfection in Zhang Zhung. Oral Commentary by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche Euro 35.- PDF
at the end is an email address of naldjor
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

sol lucet omnibus wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:19 pm Here you find the publications of Naldjor:

https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.p ... pa#p477672

if you scroll down you find this commentary:
Zhangzhung Nyengyü Instructions

The Twenty-One Seals - Zerbu, From the Oral Transmission of the Great Perfection in Zhang Zhung. Oral Commentary by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche Euro 35.- PDF
at the end is an email address of naldjor
Oh! I’m sorry for not saying thank you for the reference!
I’m hoping to find a print copy, but this is great to know about if I can’t. 🙏
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

climb-up wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:53 pm
Naldjor books are printed :shrug:
Lost In Transmission
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

lelopa wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:21 am
Oh. I see that it does say that there are printed books and .PDFs available at the start of the linked post, but the listing for the twenty one seals says that it is a .pdf. I assumed that that was to specify it was o my available as an e-copy.
Maybe I’ll try to email and see.
lelopa

Post by lelopa »

climb-up wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:40 pm
lelopa wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:21 am
Oh. I see that it does say that there are printed books and .PDFs available at the start of the linked post, but the listing for the twenty one seals says that it is a .pdf. I assumed that that was to specify it was o my available as an e-copy.
Maybe I’ll try to email and see.
Oh yes, ask Gerd at naldjor... maybe he has some printed copies left.
Lost In Transmission
gelukman

Post by gelukman »

There is copy online if you search for it.....

Return to “Bön”