Letting people know why their post was deleted

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
floatingbubbles07

Letting people know why their post was deleted

Post by floatingbubbles07 »

One of my posts I made in utter distress asking for answers was deleted, and I couldn’t find it on my profile either. I never got a notification when this happened or why it happened, and what I wrote wasn’t saved or archived. If posts are going to disappear, I think if possible, there should be an explanation why so that we can to prevent stuff like this from happening again. If there’s no option to do that, then maybe whoever removed the post (if that’s how it works) can DM the poster with an explanation? I don’t think I wrote anything wrong/offensive in that post and was simply saying how I felt and asking for help/insight. I also think if posts are going to be deleted from the public, the least they can be is saved in our profiles since that post to me was like a personal journal and now I’ve lost it.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: Letting people know why their post was deleted

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Your post was removed from sight, rather than deleted, for reasons that seemed good at the time. I have sent it to you as a PM with an explanation.
And yes, I should have let you know at the time. Sorry!

:namaste:
Kim

Return to “Suggestion Box”