A small moment of getting it given by Amida Buddha

Share your stories and poems with us here.
Mdg137

A small moment of getting it given by Amida Buddha

Post by Mdg137 »

I was walking to the 7/11 late at night for a bag of chips.

One of the things I often do is analyze my doubts. I see doubt as some kind of hindrance to true entrusting, which is a mistake, I know.

I have a part of me stuck in my old ways. I was a scientific atheist before. Transitioning from that to Jodo Shinshu presents some challenges. The Pure Land sometimes doesn't just seem far away, it seems altogether nonexistent.

I was very sad. How could I get to the Pure Land without belief? Can I not even muster a little faith?

Then a sudden thought: "Whatever. Amida's vow is for people like me. I'm going to die, sooner or later, no matter what I do. Whatever happens, I'll just let Amida handle it."

And for a moment, for one small moment, I felt sure. I felt safe. I still doubt sometimes, but I remember that moment a lot. In that moment, I felt sure. And I believe I have Amida to thank for that.
Zhen Li

Re: A small moment of getting it given by Amida Buddha

Post by Zhen Li »

Namo Amida Butsu

I never set out to have faith in Amida... I was an secular athiest at some point too. But when I opened up to it, it came flooding in without my control and I am forever grateful for that.
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Re: A small moment of getting it given by Amida Buddha

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

Embracing and not Forsaking is an important and crucial aspect of the Nembutsu

https://www.georgegatenby.id.au/jw82.htm

Return to “Creative Writing”