Did Ch. Namkhai Norbu R. attain rainbow body?

Miorita

Did Ch. Namkhai Norbu R. attain rainbow body?

Post by Miorita »

My question is legitimate.
What has been declared as the cause of death?
I ask because I heard rumors that it has been an old cancer.
Then this question comes naturally, what has happened to the body of the teacher?
Did he attain the rainbow body?
Can you share info or we're left to figure this out on our own including searching for his reincarnation?
And last, did anyone receive a message, a sign from the teacher after he passed on?
What did the Dalai Lama say?

Thanks! I am/was only curious and could not ask until now,
Miorita
Tata1

Re: Did Ch. Namkhai Norbu R. attain rainbow body?

Post by Tata1 »

Miorita wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:01 am My question is legitimate.
Then this question comes naturally, what has happened to the body of the teacher?
Can you share info or we're left to figure this out on our own including searching for his reincarnation?
And last, did anyone receive a message, a sign from the teacher after he passed on?

Miorita

He was old and sick for many years.
The body is in merigar inside a stupa
He did not attain rainbow body
Chnn was not a fan of tulku system
Sign about what?
What did say about what?

If im wrong correct me
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

he didn't, is in the land of the dhakkini, teaching again.
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

jet.urgyen wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:58 pm he didn't, is in the land of the dhakkini, teaching again.
I liked this one, thank you! :lol:
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Tata1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:37 pm
Miorita wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:01 am My question is legitimate.

Miorita

He was old and sick for many years.
The body is in merigar inside a stupa
He did not attain rainbow body
Chnn was not a fan of tulku system
Sign about what?
What did say about what?

If im wrong correct me
I was thinking of signs of the teacher's presence like rain falling out of the sunny sky or something that tells one there is a presence.

Thanks for your answers! I was happy to know the teacher even though I retained nothing and I would be happy to meet him again to guide me.
He exemplified to me clearly what Dharmakaya is. It was not my intuition, it was his talent in teaching and his merits so that's why I ask.
If he just left this plane of existence without interacting much with Tibet which was already behind, it might mean he is somewhere happily teaching, creating who knows what.

The tulku system is a concept. I can look at it with clear eyes and say "It's limiting not of my experience, but of my knowledge/mind".
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Tata1 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:37 pm Chnn was not a fan of tulku system
I heard from a reliable source a reincarnation of ChNN has been identified. I have no other details than this, but source is highly placed within the DC.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Malcolm wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:47 pm
I heard from a reliable source a reincarnation of ChNN has been identified. I have no other details than this, but source is highly placed within the DC.
Thanks for sharing Malcom La
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

Whooooah. Thank you, Loppon-la,
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
jet.urgyen

Post by jet.urgyen »

can you let us know when you know more?
heart

Post by heart »

I have many friends who's master died and then had a reincarnation recognised but it haven't really matter for them so much. Tulkus are mainly important for Tibetan monasteries not for individuals. I personally doubt they will save Western organisations like Rigpa or DC. But who knows. :smile:

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Miorita

Post by Miorita »

I think I gave my answer.
My question was if anyone has any clues or anything to bring us closer to ChNN, to have a closure on everything, an agitated life perhaps.
Thanks for your answers! When the time is right, the teacher will show.
Last edited by Miorita on Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:43 am

I have many friends who's master died and then had a reincarnation recognised but it haven't really matter for them so much. Tulkus are mainly important for Tibetan monasteries not for individuals. I personally doubt they will save Western organisations like Rigpa or DC. But who knows. :smile:

/magnus
100% agree.
Shaiksha

Post by Shaiksha »

heart wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:43 am I have many friends who's master died and then had a reincarnation recognised but it haven't really matter for them so much. Tulkus are mainly important for Tibetan monasteries not for individuals. I personally doubt they will save Western organisations like Rigpa or DC. But who knows. :smile:

/magnus
But, isn't this case unique? Currently, there is no one who is authorized to transmit the Longsal cycle discovered by CNNR? Or, at least, no one who are authorized and are teaching/passing down the cycle. If this continues, then the unique lineage will die out. A tulku may potentially solve this issue.

It is not like, for example, the Dudjom tersar lineage. We currently do not have Dudjom's reincarnation but there are so many lamas out there who can give you the transmissions, empowerments, etc anyway. Same with most termas or cycles out there (as far as I am aware) there are multiple lineage holders. So, for all intent and purpose, it will make no difference.
Last edited by Shaiksha on Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tata1

Post by Tata1 »

Shaiksha wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:44 pm
heart wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:43 am I have many friends who's master died and then had a reincarnation recognised but it haven't really matter for them so much. Tulkus are mainly important for Tibetan monasteries not for individuals. I personally doubt they will save Western organisations like Rigpa or DC. But who knows. :smile:

/magnus
But, isn't this case unique? Currently, there is no one who is authorized to transmit the Longsal cycle discovered by CNNR? Or, at least, no one who are authorized and are teaching/passing down the cycle. If this continues, then the unique lineage will die out. A tulku may potentially solve this issue.

It is not like, for example, the Dudjom tersar lineage. We currently do not have Dudjom's reincarnation but there are so many lamas out there who can give you the transmissions, empowerments, etc anyway. Same with most termas or cycles out there (as far as I am aware) there are multiple lineage holders. So, for all intent and purpose, it will make no difference.
Someone has to pass longsal to the new tulku. So its the same situation. Besides on should receive teachings if one is inspired by that teacher, not to receive a particular set of teachings only.

There is a bhutanese dudjom btw my friend.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Shaiksha wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:44 pm

/magnus
But, isn't this case unique? Currently, there is no one who is authorized to transmit the Longsal cycle discovered by CNNR? Or, at least, no one who are authorized and are teaching/passing down the cycle.
The same highly placed source confirmed that ChNN authorized Khenpo Yeshe Wangpo to transmit the Longsal teachings, to the extent of the former giving the latter a hat.
treehuggingoctopus

It is not like, for example, the Dudjom tersar lineage. We currently do not have Dudjom's reincarnation.
We do, actually, Dudjom Tenzin Yeshe Dorje Rinpoche.

Is Khenpo Yeshe Wangpo a DC person?

Edmond Jabès
laowhining

Post by laowhining »

treehuggingoctopus wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:23 pm Is Khenpo Yeshe Wangpo a DC person?
Not really. Or at least not in the way I think you mean it. When I was living in China, he was not really present in the Community. I think part of it is that he already has his own Sangha and there’s also some tension from Wes, the SMS Base Instructor at Samtengar.

He’s still connected in some way, though. He went to see Rosa in Chengdu when she visited China shortly after Rinpoche’s passing and there are quite a few Community members in China who’ve received teachings from him.
Domingo

Post by Domingo »

Does anybody have more information about this Khenpo Yeshe Wangpo? I did a little online research, but wasn't able to find much (probably because I don't speak Chinese...).

According to this FB post:

...Khenpo Yeshe Wangpo visited Merigar in 1997 and stayed there for a while to receive "essential Dzogchen Teaching and personal guidance from Choegyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche." And in 2006 he was given a traditional Teacher’s Hat by ChNN and was told to go forth to spread the Dzogchen teachings, especially to the Chinese speaking community.

And then there's a letter from ChNN from 2016 where he mentions that "Kenpo Yeshe Wangpo I have already authorized to teach several different practices."

In the same year, this Khenpo held a retreat on Mandarava Sogtig in Singapore. However, this retreat was only for "practitioners who have received the teaching and transmission from Rinpoche." Therefore, it seems, this Khenpo at least didn't have the permission to give Mandarva transmission back then.

That's more or less all I was able to find...

Malcolm, if you write "ChNN authorized Khenpo Yeshe Wangpo to transmit the Longsal teachings, to the extent of the former giving the latter a hat", does that mean that this Khenpo was only authorized to transmit Longsal to ChNN's tulku, but not to other people?
treehuggingoctopus

laowhining wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:01 pm
treehuggingoctopus wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:23 pm Is Khenpo Yeshe Wangpo a DC person?
Not really. Or at least not in the way I think you mean it. When I was living in China, he was not really present in the Community. I think part of it is that he already has his own Sangha and there’s also some tension from Wes, the SMS Base Instructor at Samtengar.

He’s still connected in some way, though. He went to see Rosa in Chengdu when she visited China shortly after Rinpoche’s passing and there are quite a few Community members in China who’ve received teachings from him.
Thank you!

I probably should not, but I do, find these two revelations hopeful.

Edmond Jabès
laowhining

Post by laowhining »

Domingo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:18 pm In the same year, this Khenpo held a retreat on Mandarava Sogtig in Singapore. However, this retreat was only for "practitioners who have received the teaching and transmission from Rinpoche." Therefore, it seems, this Khenpo at least didn't have the permission to give Mandarva transmission back then.
Or he could have felt it better to encourage people to receive the transmission from its source.

Return to “Dzogchen”