Did Ch. Namkhai Norbu R. attain rainbow body?

Sādhaka

Re: Did Ch. Namkhai Norbu R. attain rainbow body?

Post by Sādhaka »

Right, I am well aware of ChNNR's Sakyapa education.

Malcolm wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:38 pmIf the tulku is real, it is because ChNN's transcendent state is manifesting that effortlessly.

:thumbsup: :anjali:
Sherab Rigdrol

Post by Sherab Rigdrol »

heart wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:31 pm
Norwegian wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:28 pm
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:15 pm He also went out of his way to not identify with a particular lineage though
Yes and no.

In general, he would always just say he practiced Dzogchen, and left it at that. That was repeated again and again.

But he could also go into specifics if needed. Sometimes (for example referencing accusations of being a Bönpo, which he completely rejected) he would state very clearly that he was part of the Adzom Drukpa lineage of the Longchen Nyingthig. That is something very specific.
Indeed, that is how Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche describe him in A Marvelous Garland of Rare Gems
What page?
heart

Post by heart »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:42 pm
Yes and no.

In general, he would always just say he practiced Dzogchen, and left it at that. That was repeated again and again.

But he could also go into specifics if needed. Sometimes (for example referencing accusations of being a Bönpo, which he completely rejected) he would state very clearly that he was part of the Adzom Drukpa lineage of the Longchen Nyingthig. That is something very specific.
Indeed, that is how Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche describe him in A Marvelous Garland of Rare Gems
What page?
Sorry, can't remember.
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Sherab Rigdrol wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:42 pm
Yes and no.

What page?
Page 463 was the only mention I could find.
Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche, who lives in Italy, was a student of both Nyala Jangchub Dorje and the lord Jamyang Khyentse.
Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

Lhundrub wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 pm The thing is that HH Sakya Trichen only formally recognizes and enthrones Tulkus when there is a unanimous request from the whole Sangha.
Already happened before. Rinpoche's grand daughter is recognized as the rebirth of His previous life's daughter who was a famed Terton but she is not formally enthroned as Tulku as far as I can tell.
Life is like a game, either you win or lose!
Life is like a fight, either you live or die!
Life is like a show, either you laugh or cry!
Life is like a dream, either you know or not!!!
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Kai lord wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:14 am
Lhundrub wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 pm The thing is that HH Sakya Trichen only formally recognizes and enthrones Tulkus when there is a unanimous request from the whole Sangha.
Already happened before. Rinpoche's grand daughter is recognized as the rebirth of His previous life's daughter who was a famed Terton but she is not formally enthroned as Tulku as far as I can tell.
That is a good observation Kai Lord. If there is enough support in the DC for the enthronement, requesting it could be put to a vote by the IDC. With the right rhetoric (see below) we might overcome any resistance caused by Rinpoche saying he would not incarnate, and we might get a majority support.
If the tulku is real, it is because ChNN's transcendent state is manifesting that effortlessly.
Of course, it is likely dialectically true, but it also functions as excellent rhetoric.

Virgo
Dorje Shedrub

Post by Dorje Shedrub »

The master could very well produce various emanations in various forms and universes to help sentient beings
Homage to the Precious Dzogchen Master
🙏🌺🙏 Chögyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche
🙏🌺🙏
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

Dorje Shedrub wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:43 pm The master could very well produce various emanations in various forms and universes to help sentient beings
Indeed.

Virgo
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Lhundrub wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 pm
Miorita wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:02 pm Can I at least ask if there are any emanations from Rinpoche?
Yes, I would be very happy if it were so. For one I could ask him for refuge from turbid former sect followers. I’m not invincible you know... I may look tough but I’m not a snake charmer.
Word on the street is that ChNN has taken rebirth into the Khön family as a grandson of HH Gongma Trichen Rinpoche. The thing is that HH Sakya Trichen only formally recognizes and enthrones Tulkus when there is a unanimous request from the whole Sangha. What would be the chances of IDC coming together and getting behind this? Would be wonderful if it could happen!

Based on the ages of HH Gongma Trichen Rinpoche's grandchildren, it could be the case that H.E. Dungsey Siddhant Vajra Rinpoche (born in November 2019 to Khöndung Gyana Vajra Rinpoche) is the rebirth of ChNN (passed in September 2018). It could also be the case of rebirth date being prior to death date like Dudjom Lingpa and Dudjom Rinpoche.

Just a simple guess for fun -- not implying any certainty or inside knowledge at all.

https://www.facebook.com/sakya.dolmapho ... 189514455/
https://www.instagram.com/p/CleM6xmhUEJ ... _copy_link
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

jnanasutra wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:42 pm
Miorita wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:02 pm Can I at least ask if there are any emanations from Rinpoche?
Yes, I would be very happy if it were so. For one I could ask him for refuge from turbid former sect followers. I’m not invincible you know... I may look tough but I’m not a snake charmer.
Word on the street is that ChNN has taken rebirth into the Khön family as a grandson of HH Gongma Trichen Rinpoche. The thing is that HH Sakya Trichen only formally recognizes and enthrones Tulkus when there is a unanimous request from the whole Sangha. What would be the chances of IDC coming together and getting behind this? Would be wonderful if it could happen!

Based on the ages of HH Gongma Trichen Rinpoche's grandchildren, it could be the case that H.E. Dungsey Siddhant Vajra Rinpoche (born in November 2019 to Khöndung Gyana Vajra Rinpoche) is the rebirth of ChNN (passed in September 2018). It could also be the case of rebirth date being prior to death date like Dudjom Lingpa and Dudjom Rinpoche.

Just a simple guess for fun -- not implying any certainty or inside knowledge at all.

Just speculations?

Virgo
jnanasutra

Post by jnanasutra »

Virgo wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:47 pm
jnanasutra wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:42 pm

Just speculations?

Virgo
Pure speculation. As I mentioned in my post: "Just a simple guess for fun -- not implying any certainty or inside knowledge at all."
Lingpupa

Post by Lingpupa »

Hereditary honours are mot my cup of tea. Prince Andrew, anyone?
Each to their own.
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

jnanasutra wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:54 pm
Pure speculation. As I mentioned in my post: "Just a simple guess for fun -- not implying any certainty or inside knowledge at all."
Thank you. :namaste:

Virgo

Return to “Dzogchen”