What are your favorite Lonying ngondro translations?

KonchogUrgyenNyima

What are your favorite Lonying ngondro translations?

Post by KonchogUrgyenNyima »

Hey y’all,

Just wondering what everyone’s favorite longchen Nyingthig ngondro translations are and why?

I have been using the same translation from lotsawa house for the longest time and I would really like to see some other translations to potentially practice with.
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Re: What are your favorite Lonying ngondro translations?

Pretty boring topic I guess. Maybe we can talk about the finer points of karmamudra instead.
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

I guess it depends on your lineage. Every teacher who gives that Ngondro probably has their own preferred translations and translators. Did you not receive a copy or place to order the text when you got the lung and tri for the ngondro?
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:48 pm Hey y’all,

Just wondering what everyone’s favorite longchen Nyingthig ngondro translations are and why?

I have been using the same translation from lotsawa house for the longest time and I would really like to see some other translations to potentially practice with.
I like the short text by The Fourth Dodrupchen Rinpoche, it's available here: https://mahasiddha.org/store/Texts.html

Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche is currently giving excellent teachings on the LN Ngondro live and via zoom, finishes tomorrow.
s.
KonchogUrgyenNyima

Stewart wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:41 pm
KonchogUrgyenNyima wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:48 pm Hey y’all,

I like the short text by The Fourth Dodrupchen Rinpoche, it's available here: https://mahasiddha.org/store/Texts.html

Tulku Dakpa Rinpoche is currently giving excellent teachings on the LN Ngondro live and via zoom, finishes tomorrow.
Very cool! I wonder what’s different in this “abridged” version? What makes it shorter?

I have the full lung and tri for the extensive text and have been practicing it for years, but if you feel the need to pm me about this, go ahead!

Not sure what the rules are so much. I just do what my lamas tell me.

Return to “Nyingma”