Greetings from London

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
BuddingScribe

Greetings from London

Post by BuddingScribe »

Quite literally a new guy to Buddhism dropping by. Most of what I know comes from my own reading and what I’ve picked up from an online group on Slack which has been interesting but not comprehensive. I’m hoping to be able to pick up more through discussions and interactions here.

A little bit about me. I’m a 38 year old guy with a passion for words and Chinese martial arts, having been lucky enough to find a private tutor who regularly puts me through the wringer. On writing front, I hope to have a full length novel out within a year. Hoping to get to make some friends here.

Peter.
laic

Re: Greetings from London

Post by laic »

Hi Peter, welcome. Not far away in Essex. Hope you mix in here. Not much into martial arts myself, more the type who gets sand kicked in his face. Hope your writing career takes off.

All the best
Derek
Protecting oneself one protects others
Protecting others one protects oneself
BuddingScribe

Post by BuddingScribe »

Nope. Not that far away at all. I hope so too. Takes me a while to find my feet. I’ve just realised that makes me sound like some kinda Jean Claude Van Damme. Think of me more like Billy from the Power Rangers lol. A shy nerd looking to build his confidence. That’s the dream. Maybe you’ll see some samples here one day. Who knows.
laic

Post by laic »

BuddingScribe wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:29 pm Nope. Not that far away at all. I hope so too. Takes me a while to find my feet. I’ve just realised that makes me sound like some kinda Jean Claude Van Damme. Think of me more like Billy from the Power Rangers lol. A shy nerd looking to build his confidence. That’s the dream. Maybe you’ll see some samples here one day. Who knows.
Ha ha! We all have our dreams.... :smile:

There is a section here for creative writing, I've posted a few things - "creative" or not!

:cheers:
Protecting oneself one protects others
Protecting others one protects oneself
BuddingScribe

Post by BuddingScribe »

Oh? I’ll have a look. My thanks.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!