Vajrakilaya concise sadhana question

As Tantra often involves vows and samaya related to secret practice, this sub-forum has been created where Vajrayana practitioners can pose questions, and any of our members or staff can reply confidentially by PM.
ZopaChotso

Vajrakilaya concise sadhana question

Post by ZopaChotso »

Tashi Delek!
I have received empowerment and transmission of the Ratna Lingpa lineage of Vajrakilaya through the Garchen Institute, and I feel a very strong connection with the practice. The version of the practice they use is fairly long, and takes me about an hour everyday, which can be very difficult to maintain with Ngondro and everyday life. I found this other Sadhana online, which is from the same terma lineage, and the wording for most of the sections is the exact same as the one used by the Garchen Institute. This sadhana though is just a bit shorter. Is it okay to practice this one instead, or can I ONLY practice the text given during the Drupchen at the Garchen institute? I understand it would be ideal to ask a khenpo about this, but I don't have close access for in person and their emailing system doesn't always garner a response because they are very very busy, so I came here looking for assistance.

The more concise sadhana is named:
The Daily Practice of the Secret Attainment of the
Unsurpassed Extremely Secret Vajrakilaya called
“The Essence of the Play of Concerned Activity”

Return to “Buddhist Tantra Talk”