Practice starting 2PM.

By donation.

Real Dzogchen.

:heart:
Jules 09

Re: Better late than never

Post by Jules 09 »

Thanks for sharing. :heart:
Last edited by Jules 09 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Damn, I hope he offers this again in the future.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

The book has a linear format and is organized sequentially, but the explanations are holographic based on his own experience. Nice stories.

The intellectual content of the book is used as a framework on which to hang the Dzogchen view. Very Interesting.

I don't think you would miss anything by starting on day 2 or 10 - if it is Dzogchen you are after.

Also the retreat is being recorded and the .pdf and the recordings will be made available after.

That the cost is truly by donation means that the retreat is consistent with the principle of Generosity of Transmission.

Even my wife, Suzy, who is usually turned off by wordy explanations, said that she was helped to understand her own experiences by the words.

Hard to catch Dzogchen in words. :heart:
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

oldbob wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:42 pm The book has a linear format and is organized sequentially, but the explanations are holographic based on his own experience. Nice stories.

The intellectual content of the book is used as a framework on which to hang the Dzogchen view. Very Interesting.

I don't think you would miss anything by starting on day 2 or 10 - if it is Dzogchen you are after.

Also the retreat is being recorded and the .pdf and the recordings will be made available after.

That the cost is truly by donation means that the retreat is consistent with the principle of Generosity of Transmission.

Even my wife, Suzy, who is usually turned off by wordy explanations, said that she was helped to understand her own experiences by the words.

Hard to catch Dzogchen in words. :heart:
I already have too much going on and am immersed in other teachings right now, I wouldn’t wanna half ass it.

Elias has been helpful to me though, amazingly so, and I hope he offers this again;), he is great.

-Khunu Lama
Konchog Thogme Jampa

Post by Konchog Thogme Jampa »

oldbob wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:22 pm https://www.tsegyalgar.org/tsegyalgar-e ... -in-doubt/

The Seminar was introduced this AM.

Practice starting 2PM.

By donation.

Real Dzogchen.

So this is open to non DC people?
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

"This course is meant for people who have received Dzogchen Transmission from a qualified Dzogchen teacher, or who have a serious intention to receive Dzogchen Transmission from one."

Tseygyalgar East has adopted the principle of Generosity which states that all Teachings connected with transmission shall be funded by sponsorship or donation.

ChNN never turned anyone away who sought teachings. Elias is teaching in that tradition. So yes, you do not/not have to be a member of the Dzogchen Community to attend.

https://www.tsegyalgar.org/tsegyalgar-e ... -in-doubt/

Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Registered, thanks for the heads up. Always wanted to enter ChNNR's lineage stream and the teacher being Dudjom also makes this extra relevant personally.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Yes, the essence of Nyingtig is Nyingtig.

Unifying the politics is something else.

dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

In what way is this late? Elias teaches all the time and has done for years.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Yes, you can register for, and enter, the retreat after it has started.

Perhaps someone had that question.

Yes, the audio from the full retreat will be available to all who register.

oldbob

Post by oldbob »

Yes, here, the intensions (and the teaching structures) have no fixed limits or politics. Perhaps limits are made by the political structures of organizations.

Here, the intention to take a formal Direct Introduction, when it becomes available, is also acceptable for attendance.

Perhaps this helps many seekers of Dzogchen who don't live in a place where there are Dzogchen Masters, or have capacity to travel.

Yes, this is new for the recent DC (Dzogchen Community) and perhaps reflects evolution.

dharmafootsteps

Post by dharmafootsteps »

oldbob wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:22 pm Here, the intention to take a formal Direct Introduction, when it becomes available, is also acceptable for attendance.
That’s been the case for many retreats of many DC instructors for quite a while, a couple of years maybe, can’t remember exactly when people started doing that.
oldbob

Post by oldbob »

:namaste:

So perhaps the next step is to allow the "intention to take a Direct Introduction", in person when the opportunity presents itself, will allow those who don't live in Italy, or can't afford the time and money to travel, to get a valid Direct Introduction. This could be by webcast using the World-wide Transmission of the Guru Yoga of the White Ah, as was given by ChNN many times. Maybe it could be by Zoom and with sponsorship or donation as per the doctrine of the Generosity of Transmission.

It is up to the Members to request this as well as to be able to receive Lung reading authorizations in the same way.

This will help many more to get the benefit of the Transmission Lineage of ChNN.

When I had spoken to Elio about this issue he said that he was just going to include a Direct Introduction - without naming it as such in his retreats.

Perhaps other Teachers in the Dzogchen Community are doing this as well.

I heard that someone recently held up a crystal and included a shouted PHET in a Zoom retreat.

Better late than never.

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Discussion on DC transmission moved to it's own thread. Gonna go ahead and lock this one and it's about the event, please direct discussion to the other thread
https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.p ... 80#p643980

-Khunu Lama

Return to “Dzogchen”