Benefits of Reciting Guru mantra by Apang Terton

Tsewang88

Benefits of Reciting Guru mantra by Apang Terton

Post by Tsewang88 »

Dear all,
I used to have an English copy of a text by Apang Terton teaching about the benefits of the Vajra Guru mantra but I seem to have lost it. Does anyone have this or how where can I download it?
Thank you. 🙏💝
kunsel

Re: Benefits of Reciting Guru mantra by Apang Terton

Post by kunsel »

found this regarding the seven-line prayer:

Benefits of the Seven-Line Prayer

(From a terma of Apang Terton Pawo Choying Dorje)

Homage to Padmasambhava, Abbot of Oddiyana, who is the union of body, speech, mind, quality and enlightened activity of the Sugatas of the ten directions!

In the supreme field of conversion by Chenrezig— the northern country of Tibet, there are the upper, middle and lower regions. In the middle is U-Tsang with the distinctive features of the four ranges. There lies the natural holy abode of the Dakas and Dakinis, no different from the charnel grounds and sacred places of India —the glorious Yarlung Sheldrak caves. In the auspicious second month, the Dakini Yeshe Tsogyal and Lhasey Mutig Tsenpo, together with Padmasambhava who was both master and companion to Yeshe Tsogyal, were offering an extensive Ganachakra when she made the following request:

“Alas Padmasambhava! For the sake of all future sentient beings of the degenerated times and myself, a profound instruction for supplicating your enlightened body, speech, mind, quality and activity which is concise, with vast meaning, and which brings blessings swiftly is needed. Kindly bestow upon us such an extremely profound pith instruction which satisfies all needs and wishes like a wish-fulfilling jewel.”

The great Vajradhara Padmasambhava thus replied, “Listen well with faith, retinue and consort! My wisdom bodies and emanations are inconceivable; my life-stories and deeds, being likewise unfathomable, are beyond the scope of ordinary beings’ minds. I appear to each sentient being according to how they need to be tamed. Whatever is prayed for will come to be as wished. The compositions of my wisdom speech as the Secret Mantra, awareness mantras and so forth are also inconceivable.

“The seven-line prayer, which is the essence of ultimate truth, is complete in itself. If one recites this prayer continuously as a supplication, the enlightened wisdom mind (thugs kyi dgongs pa) will naturally arise and realization will effortlessly dawn. Enlightened qualities and activities will be spontaneously accomplished. If one holds on to this penetratingly powerful instruction, it will be like a wish-fulfilling jewel that grants all that is wished for, and even more.

“It is not the case that all wishes are fulfilled only for people possessing merits and not for others; but anyone who has devotion to me, whoever this person may be, will receive such benefits. Extremely marvellous is this instruction for accomplishing the sole Guru-Buddha. It is an extraordinary teaching for accomplishing all the Three Jewels. There is no need for elaborations such as mandalas and tormas. This sublime and profound pith instruction for the secret renunciant practitioner (kusali) is now given to you!”
Tsewang88

Post by Tsewang88 »

Thank you for this, Kunsel. :namaste: I found the text that I lost too so all is good.
GrapeLover

Post by GrapeLover »

Tsewang88 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:40 am Thank you for this, Kunsel. :namaste: I found the text that I lost too so all is good.
Can you share it for us? 😍
Tsewang88

Post by Tsewang88 »

Hi GrapeLover,

I would love to share it. However, it's a pdf file in my Kindle and I found out there's no way I can download it out of Kindle. The best thing I can do is send you screenshots of the pages (there are 7 pages) if you would private message me your email address. I won't be able to private you back because I'm still a 'new' member. Very inconvenient. I've tried googling it but can't find it anywhere on the web. It's actually a text by Jnanansukha Foundation and Yeshe Wangmo as written in the colophon. So PM me if you want it and I'll send it along.

Return to “Nyingma”