Finding a teacher

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Arty

Finding a teacher

Post by Arty »

Hello,

I'm fairly new to buddhism, but I did some researched and got some basics. i found an appeal for Tibetan Buddhism, so I try to practice it. I want to find a teacher, so I get a better understanding of Buddhism and maybe find the right way for me. But there is one Problem: I live in a small city in Germany and there aren't any schools or centers near me. Are there any online teachers and do you think it's a good option?
Lingpupa

Re: Finding a teacher

Post by Lingpupa »

Unless you have unusual difficulty travelling, there are lots of centres of various traditions in Germany. Some have good teachers, some have sh**e ones, and some are largely groups of fellow students.
Put your ear to the ground, do lots of searching, be very patient and focus in slowly. Remember that many of the best places avoid fanfare. Don't give up - and good luck!
All best wishes

"The profundity of your devotion to your lama is not measured by your ability to turn a blind eye."

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”