Refining a Meditative Practice

Discussion of meditation in the Mahayana and Vajrayana traditions.
Parsifal

Re: Refining a Meditative Practice

Post by Parsifal »

[/quote]

How can we save or deliver sentient beings? We have to practice love, kindness and compassion. Whenever possible we have to be ready to help if we can. If we can't help others, then we should never harm them.

To me, reciting the Zen liturgy is one way to begin engaging with Bodhicitta.

Beyond that are the sutras/suttas and the teaching of Dogen, especially the Shobogenzo.
[/quote]
In spite of my trial and error repeatedly, I have not yet reached a status of mind to contribute myself to all other people as per by attaining to and retaining Bodhicitta. Recalling all my practices having tried in the past, almost reaching a decade, it seems likely to be very hard for me to pursue such a goal due to my persistence to ego. Frankly speaking, persons having finished the way to Bodhicitta must have an innate talent or a hyper opportunity to undergo something fatal at least I suppose.

Incidentally, once you pointed out Kamakura Buddhism, especially Pure Land including True, was supposed to resulted in the dualism. However, as far as I know, not only Dogen representing Zen but also Shinran representing Pure Land have attained to the monism. Especially Shinran is known by having reached famous idea similar to English phrase “Let it be” urging people to abandon their judging e.g. true or false and consistently to rely on Amidah Buddha only. Taking account of my persistent ego and lack of talent, I seem to have no option but to make myself faithful to Amidah Buddha. Otherwise, I must find another way to make me closer to Bodhicitta even a little by interrupting noises from outside as much as possible.
Parsifal

Re: Refining a Meditative Practice

Post by Parsifal »

passel wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:58 am
Johnny Dangerous wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:41 pm
Parsifal wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:25 am like Yoga which could make me mentally healthier. Is this kind of solution too simple?
Not too simple at all!! Make all the time in the world for simple mentally healthy practices. They're the "other ngondro."
Thank you for your having said in such a phrase. If possible, please suggest me what is the best mediation practice among a lot of styles suitable for a person like me as having an experience in Zazen.

Return to “Meditation”