Looking for an English translation of the Ma Gyud / Ma Gyudr / Ma Rgyud (Mother Tantra)

Discussion of the fifth religious tradition of Tibet.
sometimescalleddavid

Looking for an English translation of the Ma Gyud / Ma Gyudr / Ma Rgyud (Mother Tantra)

Post by sometimescalleddavid »

Tashi Delek!

This might be a bit of a long shot, but I am looking for an English translation (a scholarly translation as part of a dissertation or something like that would be fine) of a Bön text called the Mother Tantra.

The extended version of its name might be: Mother Tantra: The Tantric Cycle of the Sun of Compassion

I believe there may be some English translations out there, but they seem quite rare and I haven't been able to find a copy yet. If anyone would be able to point me to a page or pdf online or someone I could contact to get a copy of the original text where it’s been translated, I would be very happy!

Thank you,
David
James Sealy

Re: Looking for an English translation of the Ma Gyud / Ma Gyudr / Ma Rgyud (Mother Tantra)

Post by James Sealy »

sometimescalleddavid wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:57 am Tashi Delek!

This might be a bit of a long shot, but I am looking for an English translation (a scholarly translation as part of a dissertation or something like that would be fine) of a Bön text called the Mother Tantra.

The extended version of its name might be: Mother Tantra: The Tantric Cycle of the Sun of Compassion

I believe there may be some English translations out there, but they seem quite rare and I haven't been able to find a copy yet. If anyone would be able to point me to a page or pdf online or someone I could contact to get a copy of the original text where it’s been translated, I would be very happy!

Thank you,
David

http://drenpa-namkha.org/wp-content/upl ... tantra.pdf
The contents of "Like a compassionate sun", you can find also in the Kusum Rangshar from Shardza Rinpoche

Return to “Bön”