Relationship between Nichiren Shoshu and Fuji Taisekiji Kenshōkai

yokosukasailorboy

Relationship between Nichiren Shoshu and Fuji Taisekiji Kenshōkai

Post by yokosukasailorboy »

Ok, well, here goes....

Good day to my Nichiren Shoshu brothers and sisters here on Dharmawheel, I hope you are all well and in good health.

I'll get straight to the point, I've been doing some online research into Fuji Taisekiji Kenshōkai (hereafter referred to as FTK), as I know, it is a group that has a relationship with Nichiren Shoshu (hereafter referred to as NST).

I was just wondering about any familiarity that any NST members here on the forum have with FTK, and what they know about it or think of it. I saw that there was previuosly a thread asking a similar question, but it got sidetracked and no NST members had responded, at least not in reference to the question asked. So I would respectfully ask that this question be specifically addressed by NST members or those with specific knowledge as to the relationship between NST and FTK. This is a subject that interests me, and to be frank, I'm seeking knowledgable answers that directly address the question.

Thank you to anybody who leaves a thoughtful and considered response directly addressing the question, best regards to all who read this and have a pleasant day. Good day.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Re: Relationship between Nichiren Shoshu and Fuji Taisekiji Kenshōkai

Post by Queequeg »

I don't have specific recollection but I believe Kenshokai was formed out of a dispute over the succession of one of the high priests - maybe Nikken? There was some controversy because Nikken was apparently the only person who heard that he was to succeed on the previous fellow's death bed. Ironically, Soka Gakkai took sides with Nikken, I believe. Kenshokai splintered off in protest. I thought they had broken off, but maybe they've since repaired the relationship and are once again affiliated with Taisekiji since Soka Gakkai is completely out of the picture now.

Too much fundamentalism and too much money made for a lot of drama.

That's about all I remember and may be completely wrong.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
yokosukasailorboy

Re: Relationship between Nichiren Shoshu and Fuji Taisekiji Kenshōkai

Post by yokosukasailorboy »

Queequeg wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:10 pm I don't have specific recollection but I believe Kenshokai was formed out of a dispute over the succession of one of the high priests - maybe Nikken? There was some controversy because Nikken was apparently the only person who heard that he was to succeed on the previous fellow's death bed. Ironically, Soka Gakkai took sides with Nikken, I believe. Kenshokai splintered off in protest. I thought they had broken off, but maybe they've since repaired the relationship and are once again affiliated with Taisekiji since Soka Gakkai is completely out of the picture now.

Too much fundamentalism and too much money made for a lot of drama.

That's about all I remember and may be completely wrong.
Thank you for your informed reply, I appreciate that. I think you make valid points.

Return to “Nichiren Shoshu”