Dzogchen Lungs this July 2022 (Precious Reading Transmissions From Khen Namdrol Rinpoche)

Nalanda

Dzogchen Lungs this July 2022 (Precious Reading Transmissions From Khen Namdrol Rinpoche)

Post by Nalanda »

I posted in the Dharma Events room.

Question tho, why those specific prerequisites (nyingtiks)? Is this part of some "series" or "family" of practices?

https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=40351

https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=40350
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

heart

Re: Dzogchen Lungs this July 2022 (Precious Reading Transmissions From Khen Namdrol Rinpoche)

Post by heart »

Nalanda wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:47 am I posted in the Dharma Events room.

Question tho, why those specific prerequisites (nyingtiks)? Is this part of some "series" or "family" of practices?

It says "a student must have received a Dzogchen empowerment such as the Nyingtig Yabzhi, Thiglé Gyachan, or Chetsun Nyingtig empowerment from a fully qualified master." So they are examples of qualifying Dzogchen empowerments.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
stoneinfocus

Re: Dzogchen Lungs this July 2022 (Precious Reading Transmissions From Khen Namdrol Rinpoche)

Post by stoneinfocus »

Nalanda wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:47 am I posted in the Dharma Events room.

For the Chetsun Nyingthik commentary, it's understandable that he is asking students to have the Chetsun Nyingthik empowerment.

For the tsik don dzod, it just asks for a general nyingthig class empowerment, not necessarily those listed (which are just popular and common nyingthig empowerments).

They are all empowerments from the yang gsang bla na med pa'i skor, the innermost secret unsurpassed cycle of Dzogchen menngagde.
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

Can I attend with my 17 tantra and Longchen Nyingtik lungs?

stoneinfocus

Post by stoneinfocus »

Nalanda wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:34 pm Can I attend with my 17 tantra and Longchen Nyingtik lungs?
Those are lungs, not empowerments, so no, unless you've had a relevant empowerment.
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

Sad.

Well, I hope everyone else makes it to the upcoming events I shared.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nalanda wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:34 pm Can I attend with my 17 tantra and Longchen Nyingtik lungs?
No. You need to have received a necessary empowerment.
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Nalanda wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:06 pm Sad.
It’s not really so sad. For you at this point, what you need is not more books; what you need to be seeking out is a guru you can trust who can give you empowerment and ongoing guidance. Oh after empowerment and instruction are you gonna gain any understanding from such books. Otherwise, you’re left with nothing more than fortunate connections for some future life.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

I have a guru.

I just got Vajrakilaya among others from him.

ninespokes

Post by ninespokes »

For the tsik don dzod, it just asks for a general nyingthig class empowerment, not necessarily those listed (which are just popular and common nyingthig empowerments).

They are all empowerments from the yang gsang bla na med pa'i skor, the innermost secret unsurpassed cycle of Dzogchen menngagde.

Does the Chime Pakme Nyingtik empowerment given by HH Sakya Trizin recently count?
Pema Rigdzin

Post by Pema Rigdzin »

Nalanda wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:53 pm I have a guru.

That’s wonderful, but your stated issue is you haven’t received Dzogchen empowerment.
Pema Rigdzin/Brian Pittman
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

ninespokes wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:57 am

Does the Chime Pakme Nyingtik empowerment given by HH Sakya Trizin recently count?
No.
LolCat

Post by LolCat »

Perhaps this is a bit off-topic, but what is the difference between a Guru Yoga like say the one in the Longchen Nyingtik ngondro or Rigdzin Dupa and Tigle Gyachen if one has already received pointing out instructions and/or rig pa'i rtsal dbang? What happens as you go more inner/secret?
Grigory

Post by Grigory »

Hello!
Please clarify if it’s possible to listen to this Lung?

I have different Empowerments and transmissions from many different Lamas.

I follow the Ganteng Tulku Rimpoche, the Kunsan Gondu cycle, perform
preliminary practices, rushens..

On a regular basis:
Lama Norbu Gyatso, Vajra Varahi, Amitayus, Shitro, Kagye..

YesheKhorlo center in Moscow.

Dzogchen Transmission from Namkai Norbu Rimpoche.
Empowerment: Karlin Shitro, Guhyagarbha, Kagye and others.

Vajrasattva 100000

Lung: on 17 tantras, on some works of Logchenpa, and more…
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

You should be fine for the treasury. Not the ChetsunNyinthig.
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:29 am

That’s wonderful, but your stated issue is you haven’t received Dzogchen empowerment.
Depending on which Vajrakilaya cycle wouldn't it have Rigpai tsal d'bang as part of the empowerment also?

Anyway, Khenchen Namdrol is traveling again?
stoneinfocus

Post by stoneinfocus »

Passing By wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:51 pm

Pema Rigdzin wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:29 am

Depending on which Vajrakilaya cycle wouldn't it have Rigpai tsal d'bang as part of the empowerment also?

Anyway, Khenchen Namdrol is traveling again?
Well, it depends if Nalanda received an empowerment or a lung for Vajrakilaya. It is unclear what the case it.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Even if Nalanda received a Vajrakilaya empowerment, that is not a Dzogchen empowerment as stated in the prerequisites.
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
ninespokes

Post by ninespokes »

Does receiving the four empowerments (vase, speech, wisdom, precious word) qualify as a Dzogchen empowerment?
heart

Post by heart »

ninespokes wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:56 am Does receiving the four empowerments (vase, speech, wisdom, precious word) qualify as a Dzogchen empowerment?
No, in Ati "one’s mind is matured through the four ‘expressive power of awareness’ empowerments (Tib. རིག་པའི་རྩལ་དབང་, rigpé tsal wang)"

https://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?title=Atiyoga

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)

Return to “Dzogchen”