Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik and Chetsün Nyingtik

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
StephieWimmer.D

Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik and Chetsün Nyingtik

Post by StephieWimmer.D »

Hi could anyone tell me if there is a connection between Chetsün Nyingtik Ngondro and the Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik sadhana and if so what is it? It is personally very interesting for me and I vaguely recall reading somewhere of a connection (or perhaps I was imagining it)

Many thanks!
Stephanie
Josef

Re: Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik and Chetsün Nyingtik

Post by Josef »

The Chetsun Nyingthig ngondro has a guru yoga of Vimalamitra and within the Chime Pakme Nyingthig there is a guru sadhana of Vimalamitra.
"All phenomena of samsara depend on the mind, so when the essence of mind is purified, samsara is purified. Since the phenomena of nirvana depend on the pristine consciousness of vidyā, because one remains in the immediacy of vidyā, buddhahood arises on its own. All critical points are summarized with those two." - Longchenpa
heart

Post by heart »

StephieWimmer.D wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:28 pm Hi could anyone tell me if there is a connection between Chetsün Nyingtik Ngondro and the Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik sadhana and if so what is it? It is personally very interesting for me and I vaguely recall reading somewhere of a connection (or perhaps I was imagining it)

Many thanks!
Stephanie
Yes, the Vima Ladrub sadhana from Chime Pakme Nyingtik share a lot of text (like offerings and so on) with the sadhana of Chetsun Nyingtik. Also according to Dilgo Khyentse the Vima Ladrub Dzogchen teachings is the vast aspect and Chetsun Nyingtik Dzogchen is the profound aspect of Khyentse Wangpos Dzogchen teachings.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
StephieWimmer.D

Post by StephieWimmer.D »

heart wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:54 am
StephieWimmer.D wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:28 pm Hi could anyone tell me if there is a connection between Chetsün Nyingtik Ngondro and the Chimé Phakmé Nyingtik sadhana and if so what is it? It is personally very interesting for me and I vaguely recall reading somewhere of a connection (or perhaps I was imagining it)

Many thanks!
Stephanie
Yes, the Vima Ladrub sadhana from Chime Pakme Nyingtik share a lot of text (like offerings and so on) with the sadhana of Chetsun Nyingtik. Also according to Dilgo Khyentse the Vima Ladrub Dzogchen teachings is the vast aspect and Chetsun Nyingtik Dzogchen is the profound aspect of Khyentse Wangpos Dzogchen teachings.

/magnus

Thank you Magnus - that explains a lot.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”