30.08. Chetsang Rinpoche Nairatmya

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Toenail

30.08. Chetsang Rinpoche Nairatmya

Post by Toenail »

Does it make sense to receive this if I didn't get the Hevajra one in the years before? There will also be a 10 day teaching on Hevajra Tantra. Will it be the whole tantra? I don't know much about Hevajra but I feel a connection. Is it a major empowerment? It. Is just a day long so maybe just jenang?
lelopa

Re: 30.08. Chetsang Rinpoche Nairatmya

Post by lelopa »

There are many one-day-empowerments that are major empowerments... maybe this is one of them. :shrug:
Lost In Transmission
heart

Post by heart »

lelopa wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:50 am There are many one-day-empowerments that are major empowerments... maybe this is one of them. :shrug:
There are many major empowerments that take about 2 hours to do. The whole fixation with wangchen and jenang is a Sakya and Gelug thing. I asked my teacher about it once and he said "an empowerment is an empowerment" and shrugged his shoulders.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

Toenail wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:12 am Does it make sense to receive this if I didn't get the Hevajra one in the years before? There will also be a 10 day teaching on Hevajra Tantra. Will it be the whole tantra? I don't know much about Hevajra but I feel a connection. Is it a major empowerment? It. Is just a day long so maybe just jenang?
If in doubt - ask them? The organizers will know if there’s a prerequisite. Presumably he’s giving this empowerment as the prerequisite for the teachings on Hevajra anyway for those who haven’t had a relevant empowerment before
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Are there any details about this event?
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Thanks.

I don't read German though so to clarify.....Will the empowerment be streamed and is the teaching session in person only?
not_z

Post by not_z »

Passing By wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:58 pm
Thanks.

I don't read German though so to clarify.....Will the empowerment be streamed and is the teaching session in person only?
Here is the link in english: https://www.milareparetreat.org/index.p ... tsang-2022
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

not_z wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:35 pm
Passing By wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:58 pm
Thanks.

Here is the link in english: https://www.milareparetreat.org/index.p ... tsang-2022
Thank you
Natan

Post by Natan »

I'm curious about something. I know DK wants to bring back Hevajra as it was Marpa's main gig, but who is responsible for the continuity of this practice lineage in DK? And has HHDKC done a retreat on Hevajra and accomplishes the signs of realization?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:23 pm I'm curious about something. I know DK wants to bring back Hevajra as it was Marpa's main gig, but who is responsible for the continuity of this practice lineage in DK? And has HHDKC done a retreat on Hevajra and accomplishes the signs of realization?
HH Chestsang requested this empowerment from HH Sakya Trizin, because the Sakyapas are the principle upholders of this system.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Malcolm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:47 pm
Crazywisdom wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:23 pm I'm curious about something. I know DK wants to bring back Hevajra as it was Marpa's main gig, but who is responsible for the continuity of this practice lineage in DK? And has HHDKC done a retreat on Hevajra and accomplishes the signs of realization?
HH Chestsang requested this empowerment from HH Sakya Trizin, because the Sakyapas are the principle upholders of this system.
Thought so. Now I am wondering if he did all the things to accomplish it in retreat.
conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I’ve got a friend who is Drikung and did a GyeDor retreat in India years ago. I’ll ask him what he knows.
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Natan

Post by Natan »

conebeckham wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:52 pm I’ve got a friend who is Drikung and did a GyeDor retreat in India years ago. I’ll ask him what he knows.
Thanks
Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

Garchen Rinpoche did give a Hevajra empowerment last year from the minor cycle of Shantipa lineage of the innate/co-emergent Hevajra, Its a Drikung lineage I believe and its a non dual tantra under Marpa's classification.

This is the text Coemergent Hevajra and the Six Dharmas of Naropa

Unfortunately the Tāranātha's text on completion stage for that cycle is not available in English.
Life is like a game, either you win or lose!
Life is like a fight, either you live or die!
Life is like a show, either you laugh or cry!
Life is like a dream, either you know or not!!!
Natan

Post by Natan »

Kai lord wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:42 am
Garchen Rinpoche did give a Hevajra empowerment last year from the minor cycle of Shantipa lineage of the innate/co-emergent Hevajra, Its a Drikung lineage I believe and its a non dual tantra under Marpa's classification.

Unfortunately the Tāranātha's text on completion stage for that cycle is not available in English.
Where did he get it?
Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

Crazywisdom wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:10 pm

Where did he get it?
From Rinpoche's words:
“The non-dual tantra of glorious Hevajra is the ultimate perfection of all classes of tantra. It is the profound, unsurpassed and quintessential yoga. In the noble land of India, Naropa, Maitripa, Krishnacharya, Samayavajra, Virupa and his disciples Padma Vajra, Shantibam and many other lineage holders have appeared. In Tibet, Marpa Lotsawa, Lotsawa Drogmi and Go Lotsawa have transmitted the lineage.

This particular empowerment ritual stems from the transmission lineage of the great accomplished master Shantipa, the lineage gurus of the innate Hevajra with consort, according to the transmission lineage of Lord Drikungpa, and his disciples is as follows: Buton Rinchen transmitted the lineage to his heart’s son Rinchen Namgyal then it was transmitted through the scholar, Chandrakirti, the master Yeshe Gyamtso, the venerable Khyenrab Chojin, Lama Rinchen Gyelpo, the mahasiddha Pema Garwang, the master, Mangto Namgyel (?), Acharya Sonam Chomphel, Shamar Garwang, Chokyi Wangchug and the master Chokyi Dragpa.”
Regarding the lineage, I received this empowerment for the first time when I was a very young child and I hardly remember it. Then again I received it from Lamchen Rinpoche and the empowerment comes from the four co-emergent deities, which is a very precious empowerment text, there are four empowerment texts in there. So this is the empowerment I’m giving now and so that’s my personal lineage. In general, it is important to hear the names of the lineage masters.”
Here's the biography of Lamchen Gyalpo Rinpoche
Natan

Post by Natan »

Kai lord wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:19 pm

Where did he get it?
From Rinpoche's words:
“The non-dual tantra of glorious Hevajra is the ultimate perfection of all classes of tantra. It is the profound, unsurpassed and quintessential yoga. In the noble land of India, Naropa, Maitripa, Krishnacharya, Samayavajra, Virupa and his disciples Padma Vajra, Shantibam and many other lineage holders have appeared. In Tibet, Marpa Lotsawa, Lotsawa Drogmi and Go Lotsawa have transmitted the lineage.

This particular empowerment ritual stems from the transmission lineage of the great accomplished master Shantipa, the lineage gurus of the innate Hevajra with consort, according to the transmission lineage of Lord Drikungpa, and his disciples is as follows: Buton Rinchen transmitted the lineage to his heart’s son Rinchen Namgyal then it was transmitted through the scholar, Chandrakirti, the master Yeshe Gyamtso, the venerable Khyenrab Chojin, Lama Rinchen Gyelpo, the mahasiddha Pema Garwang, the master, Mangto Namgyel (?), Acharya Sonam Chomphel, Shamar Garwang, Chokyi Wangchug and the master Chokyi Dragpa.”
Regarding the lineage, I received this empowerment for the first time when I was a very young child and I hardly remember it. Then again I received it from Lamchen Rinpoche and the empowerment comes from the four co-emergent deities, which is a very precious empowerment text, there are four empowerment texts in there. So this is the empowerment I’m giving now and so that’s my personal lineage. In general, it is important to hear the names of the lineage masters.”
Yes. I'm familiar with him. So DK has had unbroken Hevajra all along?
Kai lord

Post by Kai lord »

Crazywisdom wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:02 pm
Where did he get it?
From Rinpoche's words:

For this minor cycle of Hevajra, at least since 1st Drikung Chungtsang, Rigdzin Chokyi Dragpa , who also composed the sadhana practice for this deity.
Natan

Post by Natan »

Kai lord wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:13 am
Crazywisdom wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:02 pm

From Rinpoche's words:

For this minor cycle of Hevajra, at least since 1st Drikung Chungtsang, Rigdzin Chokyi Dragpa , who also composed the sadhana practice for this deity.
Does this cycle have the completion stage?

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”