Hello, am new here

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
ManyHeart

Hello, am new here

Post by ManyHeart »

Hi all,
my name is er, well if it is okay to just go by my handle I would like to just be called Heart, or well, I don't know. I love animals so a nick name relating to them or something like that could be nice. I'm a little bit knowledgeable about Dharma. I really don't know. I am a little bit good, I think, but only a very little bit, so I want to get better (mostly at getting along with people online.) But, I feel a place that's devoted to Buddha Dharma would be much better than another site. I hope there is no major problem with this introduction...

I am going to sleep soon; I know that's not majorly important for the introduction. I'm hoping this will be a good chance to learn and grow and revitalize my Dharma and so forth. Actually I feel this very good for me, I do not have a Sangha here. I am slightly knowledgeable about a few schools.
Sincere best wishes to all,
MH.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: Hello, am new here

Post by Kim O'Hara »

:hi:
Welcome, ManyHeart.

Most of us just go by our usernames here, so don't worry about your real name. Share it later if you want to, or don't if you don't want to.

I find "Location" is more useful than a name anyway, even if it is only which country you're living in. Comments like "Things are terrible here now" mean quite different things depending on whether you are in (e.g.) India or Ukraine or Guatemala. You can add or redit your location in your Profile.

:namaste:
Kim
ManyHeart

Post by ManyHeart »

Dear Kim
Thankful for your welcome. I am just having a coffee just at the moment, I have yet to take the first sip. I' not a great writer, but I thought it can be good... one Buddhist said, "Sip your tea slowly and reverently," I mean Thich Nhat Hanh, "as if the earth revolved around its axis." I know coffee is not a controversial issue perhaps; I am hoping this isn't too much of a stream-of-consciousness. Really I mean to be entrusting. Ok, I took my first sip. Is it the Lankavatara sutra that talks of time being -- different than we normally think? in the sense of a moment possibly lasting a thousand years? I'm hoping that it's true. . . and I d think something like that; may be true, I am a big fan of these type of things.'

I hope this is not too much; I am not meaning to write a long letter for any reason than simply entrusting... by this I just mean, it seems that online or non-local interactions are as meaningful as interactions in the present space, or local space. I'm a fan of quantum mechanic stuff although I am not at all a physicist, and I think non-locality is a part of it. I took 3 or 4 sips and meditated..... I am also always doing my best to try to check myself if I am thinking something correct or not... recently I read David Bohm for the very first time... in small measure. I suppose I'm writing this much because I really want to be safe, so to speak (I am in America, near the middle.) I am thinking that might help?

I don't know. I feel safe. A friend of mine talked with me and after that I didn't fear about nuclear war. But, I'm aware that it's a very sensitive time and a very real possibility until... maybe until we are all enlightened, or maybe until the people attacking Ukraine go back to the place they were before; sabotaging their tanks, all of this type of thing. It's a "beyond-thought" thing that we have always wondered about, I mean as a species, that "we can stop all the wars" or all the pain -- if everyone wishes to. If enough hearts get changed in the right places, at the right way.

There are much more factors that can help us, it would seem to me. I do believe this peace is possible, and I fervently pray for it with all my heart. Well, I have seen some power of these types of things. My best wishes always and thank you sincerely.

Entrusting myself sincerely could be a good way to end this part of my intro. See you talk to you soon.

--ManyHeart
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

Miorita

Post by Miorita »

Welcome!
I already like to read your posts.
Midwest here, at work, so you understand I take more than contribute.
I like small breaks to dream, laugh, learn, feel normal.

:namaste:
Miorita

P.S. If you like to write creatively, i’m happy to read. Anyways it’s more than reading the vegetables in the kitchen.
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Welcome!
Hazel
Former staff member

Post by Hazel »

Welcome! :hug:
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

Return to “Introductions”