Transforming Anxiety and Panic Through Meditation with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, 21 May, 2022.

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
Archie2009

Transforming Anxiety and Panic Through Meditation with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, 21 May, 2022.

Post by Archie2009 »

Transforming Anxiety and Panic Through Meditation
with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche

https://events.tergar.org/events/detail ... ation-MTEy

“You can begin to make friends with your anxiety, your stress, your grief simply by holding it in your natural awareness.” — Mingyur Rinpoche

Are you struggling with anxiety, panic, or other mental health issues? You’re not alone. During this webinar, you will learn how to start meditating with these difficult experiences themselves. Mingyur Rinpoche, a world-renowned meditation teacher who suffered from panic attacks himself as a young person, will teach from his first-hand experience.

WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
The Covid-19 pandemic has taught us the importance of taking good care of ourselves. Mental well-being is the foundation for everything we do. Panic, anxiety, and other mental health issues create a lot of suffering and can cause us to feel trapped, isolated, and helpless. During this retreat, Mingyur Rinpoche will guide us in a humorous and relatable way on how to face these destructive emotions and transform them into the causes of well-being through the practice of awareness.

WHAT WILL I LEARN?
In this program, you will learn how to:
stop avoiding anxiety and panic
experience the healing power of awareness
use sensations in your body to start making friends with anxiety
begin and sustain a daily meditation practice
apply the techniques of meditation in challenging situations and throughout everyday life

WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THIS PROGRAM?
Live teaching
Group meditation
Q&A session

This program is open to everyone.

Reduced fee
$ 15.00 USD
For those on a limited income

Base fee
$ 25.00 USD

Sponsor fee
$ 35.00 USD
This level allows us to offer a reduced price level for those on limited incomes

Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Transforming Anxiety and Panic Through Meditation with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, 21 May, 2022.

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Do you know if there are any recordings of these teachings made available?
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Archie2009

Re: Transforming Anxiety and Panic Through Meditation with Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, 21 May, 2022.

Post by Archie2009 »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:01 pm Do you know if there are any recordings of these teachings made available?
A recording was made available for those who registered/attended, internally, at the Tergar website until 21 July.

The event was also the introduction to a larger more expansive and expensive retreat on the subject that I did not attend.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

Ah ok thanks, I was holding out hope that maybe it was made public due to the general nature of the subject, and because I’ve seen his YouTube videos on this kind of thing, which are really good.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
birthdaycakespirit

Post by birthdaycakespirit »

Johnny Dangerous wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:01 pm Do you know if there are any recordings of these teachings made available?
There is a video from 2020 about this; there could have been new info in the retreat, but I doubt it. Mingyur Rinpoche teaches the same in Joy of Living about handling emotions as well.

Last edited by birthdaycakespirit on Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Dharma Events”