White Tara Empowerment

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Malcolm

Re: White Tara Empowerment

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:47 am
discoskwalla wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:37 am
Arnoud wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:46 pm HH Sakya Trizin is giving a Tara Wang in MN next month. Don’t know if it will be streamed. Most are though.
Hi! Do you have a date and time? I know HH is doing a chime phakme empowerment, but I didn't hear abt White Tara!

Thanks

Rich
chime phakme nyingtik empowerment is a white tara empowerment.

/magnus

More specifically, it is a terma version of what is known as the Three Long Life deities: White Tāra, White Amitayus, and Uṣṇīṣavijaya.
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:23 pm
heart wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:47 am

Hi! Do you have a date and time? I know HH is doing a chime phakme empowerment, but I didn't hear abt White Tara!

Thanks

Rich
chime phakme nyingtik empowerment is a white tara empowerment.

/magnus

More specifically, it is a terma version of what is known as the Three Long Life deities: White Tāra, White Amitayus, and Uṣṇīṣavijaya.
https://www.rigpawiki.org/index.php?tit ... é_Nyingtik

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Arnoud wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:46 pm HH Sakya Trizin is giving a Tara Wang in MN next month. Don’t know if it will be streamed. Most are though.

Thanks

Rich
What, when where?! The Chime Phakme Nyingthik empowerment I mean. Is there a link?

EDIT: I'm dumb, it's on the previous page

Is this a Nyingthik cycle? (as in Dzogchen Nyingthik)
heart

Post by heart »

Passing By wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:00 am

Thanks

Rich
What, when where?! The Chime Phakme Nyingthik empowerment I mean. Is there a link?

There are Dzogchen teachings connected with this cycle but I think they are mainly connected with the Vimalamitra Guru Sadhana. The Tara practice is considered Mahayoga, still it is a very amazing and doable sadhana with great blessings.

https://www.lotsawahouse.org/topics/chi ... -nyingtik/

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:35 pm There are Dzogchen teachings connected with this cycle but I think they are mainly connected with the Vimalamitra Guru Sadhana.
Yes, correct.
heart

Post by heart »

heart wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:35 pm
Passing By wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:00 am

Thanks

Rich

There are Dzogchen teachings connected with this cycle but I think they are mainly connected with the Vimalamitra Guru Sadhana. The Tara practice is considered Mahayoga, still it is a very amazing and doable sadhana with great blessings.

https://www.lotsawahouse.org/topics/chi ... -nyingtik/

/magnus
There are also this great book about this practice.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Chime Pakme Nyinthik is a terma and not really equivalent to the White Tara of Atisha's tradition.

Chris
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Silent Bob wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:32 pm Not to put too fine a point on it, but Chime Pakme Nyinthik is a terma and not really equivalent to the White Tara of Atisha's tradition.

Chris
There are two traditions of Tshe lha rnam gsum, and they are connected. There is the tradition from Bari, Marpa, and Maitriyogi, and then there is the tradition of Shri Singha, Padmasambhava, and Vimalamitra.

The former is the outer practice of the latter.
Silent Bob

Post by Silent Bob »

Malcolm wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:49 pm
Silent Bob wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:32 pm Not to put too fine a point on it, but Chime Pakme Nyinthik is a terma and not really equivalent to the White Tara of Atisha's tradition.

Chris
There are two traditions of Tshe lha rnam gsum, and they are connected. There is the tradition from Bari, Marpa, and Maitriyogi, and then there is the tradition of Shri Singha, Padmasambhava, and Vimalamitra.

The former is the outer practice of the latter.
Thank you Malcolm. There are still a few things I don't know and that was one of them.

Chris
"All the sublime teachings, so profound--to throw away one and then grab yet another will not bear even a single fruit. Persevere, therefore, in simply one."
--Dudjom Rinpoche, "Nectar for the Hearts of Fortunate Disciples. Song No. 8"
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

How can Chimé Pakme Nyingtik be conferred, as a Wang, Jenang?

Is it a Mahayoga Practice or Ati Maha?

If it is Mahayoga or Ati Maha it doesn't have the requirements of Kriya Tantra, right? I mean, it can be done if one has eated meat and so on...

For Kriya Tantra Practices, is it really ok to do it daily, like "first thing" in the morning, whithout having eated meat and other foods that are not persmissible in Kriya and Charya Tantras?

Thank you so much!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Aloke wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:51 pm How can Chimé Pakme Nyingtik be conferred, as a Wang, Jenang?
It has three kinds of empowerments: two day major empowerment; one day blessing, as well as a Jenang.

It is HYT in general so no dietary restrictions.
Aloke

Post by Aloke »

Thank you very much Malcolm!
heart

Post by heart »

Aloke wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:51 pm How can Chimé Pakme Nyingtik be conferred, as a Wang, Jenang?

Is it a Mahayoga Practice or Ati Maha?
It is considered Mahayoga, as I already mentioned above. However it is a terma and there are Dzogchen teachings connected to this cycle. Also it is the three long-life deities of Shri Singha (Usnisavijaya), Vimalamitra (Tara) and Guru Rinpoche (Amitayus) practiced together. A really special long-life practice for Dzogchen practitioners.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

heart wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:20 pm It is considered Mahayoga,
It can be practiced in Anuyoga style as well. It may not not be evident from the sadhana, but it is pretty clear in the root text, which specifies two ways of arising: instantly or according to the five abhisambodhis. You don't need much of sadhana to practice in the Anuyoga style.
heart

Post by heart »

Malcolm wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:46 pm
heart wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:20 pm It is considered Mahayoga,
It can be practiced in Anuyoga style as well. It may not not be evident from the sadhana, but it is pretty clear in the root text, which specifies two ways of arising: instantly or according to the five abhisambodhis. You don't need much of sadhana to practice in the Anuyoga style.
Yes, termas are often quite ambivalent about their categories.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

Aloke

Post by Aloke »

Just received this email from The Sakya Institute for Buddhist Studies:

Khenpo Migmar is dedicating coming 3 month white Tara retreat for the long life of HH the Dalai Lama, HH Sakya Trichen and all other lamas for the longevity of Dharma for the benefit of all beings.
Six Light Dome White Tara empowerment on May 30th @ 7 pm Boston time is open to all.

For further information, please contact us at [email protected]

Rejoice!
discoskwalla

Post by discoskwalla »

Thanks!!

Do you know if this will be online or not?
AmidaB

Post by AmidaB »

Slightly off topic but I'm wondering where does Garchen Rinpoche's often conferred White Tara belong? Kriya, Carya or HYT?
heart

Post by heart »

AmidaB wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:06 am Slightly off topic but I'm wondering where does Garchen Rinpoche's often conferred White Tara belong? Kriya, Carya or HYT?
I think it is HYT.

/magnus
~Kurt Vonnegut

PeterC

Post by PeterC »

heart wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:52 am
AmidaB wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:06 am Slightly off topic but I'm wondering where does Garchen Rinpoche's often conferred White Tara belong? Kriya, Carya or HYT?
I think it is HYT.

/magnus
The normal one he does is HYT

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”