White Tara Empowerment

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
discoskwalla

White Tara Empowerment

Post by discoskwalla »

Hello, I'm new here :ugeek:

I have been thinking about putting together a White Tara (and/or White Manjushri) practice recently, and am wondering if anyone knows of an upcoming online empowerment for them? The difficulty for me is I live in a VERY rural area, and have looked myself, but don't know where to start....

Thanks in advance for any and all answers!
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: White Tara Empowerment

Post by Ayu »

Well, which country?

Most initiations are not online but directly, I think.
There will be one White Tara initiation in Germany on the 10th of June this year.
https://www.samtendargyeling.de/termink ... -tara.html
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

discoskwalla wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:29 am Hello, I'm new here :ugeek:

I have been thinking about putting together a White Tara (and/or White Manjushri) practice recently, and am wondering if anyone knows of an upcoming online empowerment for them? The difficulty for me is I live in a VERY rural area, and have looked myself, but don't know where to start....

Keep watching HEGr’s schedule.
treehuggingoctopus

Post by treehuggingoctopus »

PeterC wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:26 pm
discoskwalla wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:29 am Hello, I'm new here :ugeek:

Keep watching HEGr’s schedule.
A useful site:
https://garchen.net/annual-events/

Not the only one, though. It would be good to follow other Garchen-related websites.
Générosité de l’invisible.
Notre gratitude est infinie.
Le critère est l’hospitalité.

Edmond Jabès
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

HEGr’s German and Taiwanese sanghas’ websites are also worth following

But to expand on this - if you’re serious about White Tara, it is one of the most important practices to HEGr, so he gives it frequently, and he is a lama you should receive teachings from while he’s still in this world
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Pardon me, can somebody please tell what"HEGr" means?
His Eminence, I can guess, but who is Gr?
Thanks.
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Ayu wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:06 am Pardon me, can somebody please tell what"HEGr" means?
Thanks.
Garchen Rinpoche. :D These shortenings are sometimes quite confusing. I for the longest time wondered if ChNN is somehow connected with CNN.
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:45 am
Ayu wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:06 am Pardon me, can somebody please tell what"HEGr" means?
Thanks.
Garchen Rinpoche. :D These shortenings are sometimes quite confusing. I for the longest time wondered if ChNN is somehow connected with CNN.
:thanks:
discoskwalla

Post by discoskwalla »

PeterC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:46 am HEGr’s German and Taiwanese sanghas’ websites are also worth following

But to expand on this - if you’re serious about White Tara, it is one of the most important practices to HEGr, so he gives it frequently, and he is a lama you should receive teachings from while he’s still in this world
Thank you so much! He actually is at the top of my research list this morning! I do feel a kinship for fellow stand of the Goddess Tara

I found a Garchen broadcast from Germany last night, just have to work my way through my bookmarks...

(and, as a passionate newbie, i was thoroughly confused as to who that acronym was referring to :anjali: )
discoskwalla

Post by discoskwalla »

PeterC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:46 am HEGr’s German and Taiwanese sanghas’ websites are also worth following

Thanks for the heads up, at first i forgot about it, and then came back this morning to find several posts...

Namaste

RIch
fckw

Post by fckw »

Könchok Thrinley wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:45 am Garchen Rinpoche. :D These shortenings are sometimes quite confusing. I for the longest time wondered if ChNN is somehow connected with CNN.
Convolutional Neural Networks?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

fckw wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:47 pm
Könchok Thrinley wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:45 am Garchen Rinpoche. :D These shortenings are sometimes quite confusing. I for the longest time wondered if ChNN is somehow connected with CNN.
Convolutional Neural Networks?
Certified Nephrology Nurses, obviously
vapesob

Post by vapesob »

I have been watching some videos from the Sravasti Abbey which I believe is from Tibetan Buddhism and I was confused as to some of the descriptions of meditating on the Taras. Can someone explain if the Taras are strictly Tibetan of if they have some relevance in Theravada? If so, what?
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

vapesob wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:09 pm I have been watching some videos from the Sravasti Abbey which I believe is from Tibetan Buddhism and I was confused as to some of the descriptions of meditating on the Taras. Can someone explain if the Taras are strictly Tibetan of if they have some relevance in Theravada? If so, what?
They do not appear in Theravāda.

Virgo
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

HH Sakya Trizin is giving a Tara Wang in MN next month. Don’t know if it will be streamed. Most are though.
discoskwalla

Post by discoskwalla »

Arnoud wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:46 pm HH Sakya Trizin is giving a Tara Wang in MN next month. Don’t know if it will be streamed. Most are though.
Hi! Do you have a date and time? I know HH is doing a chime phakme empowerment, but I didn't hear abt White Tara!

Thanks

Rich
heart

Post by heart »

discoskwalla wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:37 am
Arnoud wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:46 pm HH Sakya Trizin is giving a Tara Wang in MN next month. Don’t know if it will be streamed. Most are though.
Hi! Do you have a date and time? I know HH is doing a chime phakme empowerment, but I didn't hear abt White Tara!

Thanks

Rich
chime phakme nyingtik empowerment is a white tara empowerment.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
Losal Samten

Post by Losal Samten »

discoskwalla wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:37 am Hi! Do you have a date and time? I know HH is doing a chime phakme empowerment
Do you have a date and time for this?
Lacking mindfulness, we commit every wrong. - Nyoshul Khen Rinpoche
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔
ཨོཾ་ཧ་ནུ་པྷ་ཤ་བྷ་ར་ཧེ་ཡེ་སྭཱ་ཧཱ།།
ཨཱོཾ་མ་ཏྲི་མུ་ཡེ་སལེ་འདུ།།
discoskwalla

Post by discoskwalla »

Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

It’s on this site. In the Sakya or event section of the forum. 24th of June in MN.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”