Nyingma Ngöndro lung

Vajrasambhava

Nyingma Ngöndro lung

Post by Vajrasambhava »

Hi all!

I'm looking to have a lung of any ngöndro from the Nyingma tradition but Dudjom Tersar (I already have). Please, if any of you know of an event in which One of these lungs are given, let me know here. Thanks to anyone!😊🌈🙏🏻
Arnoud

Re: Nyingma Ngöndro lung

Post by Arnoud »

Do you mind if I ask why? Did you already finish the DT accumulations? Maybe someone can convince lama PC to give that super short Dudjom lung.
Vajrasambhava

Post by Vajrasambhava »

I have received both the long ngöndro version(sa-ter Khandro Nyingtig )and the shorter one (Dudjom Tersar ngöndro).
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Cool, so do you just
Want to collect Ngondros?
Vajrasambhava

Post by Vajrasambhava »

There are other reasons i don't want to discuss here if you permit, thanks anyway 🙏🏻
Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Of course. Just curious. Good luck.
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

Longchen Nyingtik?

https://www.pemakilaya.org/
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

Arnoud wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:18 pm Cool, so do you just
Since he won't mention his reason, can you plz entertain the thought for me. Why would one want to do this given that having multiple ngondros are redundant, and the accumulation project is time-demanding?
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

Arnoud

Post by Arnoud »

Nalanda wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:47 pm
Since he won't mention his reason, can you plz entertain the thought for me. Why would one want to do this given that having multiple ngondros are redundant, and the accumulation project is time-demanding?
I don’t know. Maybe he feels no connection to what he received. That happens. That’s why there are so many Ngondros. Lol.
Vajrasambhava

Post by Vajrasambhava »

Nalanda wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:44 pm Longchen Nyingtik?

https://www.pemakilaya.org/
Oh that's wonderful, thanks a lot! 😊🙏🏻
stoneinfocus

Post by stoneinfocus »

Ngondros are useful for really connecting to a lineage and cycle of practice.

If one has completed a full ngondro, it is common to do a shorter amount of accumulations (e.g. 10,000 of each section instead of 100,000) or spend a shorter time working with the ngondro on a time-based practice (rather than accumulating numbers) in order to jumpstart the connection to a new lineage or cycle.

Not sure if that's the case here, but this is just as a general concept.
Terma

Post by Terma »

Some teachers will insist that you continue a specific ngondro that you started, others are more practical and give the okay to switch or otherwise begin a different ngondro.

Connection and devotion to a lineage can be a deciding factor when finding the "right" one for you. This has been my own experience where now ngondro is the "real deal" and not just pushing through numbers. I think this is one way to know if you are ripe for that specific ngondro or lineage. The blessings just flow naturally.

For sure, always try to discuss with the teacher who gave a ngondro, but from my own limited view unless specified, I don't feel there are heavy commitments placed on ngondro as if one took a HYT empowerment or anything.

There are so many ngondros from so many traditions and ultimately they will all accomplish the same goal. They are just specific to a lineage that one wants to connect with in a deeper way.

Return to “Nyingma”