Hevajra or Chakrsamvara Empowerements in 2022

jewel123

Hevajra or Chakrsamvara Empowerements in 2022

Post by jewel123 »

Hello! I wondered if there are upcoming Hevajra or Chakrasmavara Empowerments in Sakya tradition anytime this year?
Many thanks.
Bhumi108w

Re: Hevajra or Chakrsamvara Empowerements in 2022

Post by Bhumi108w »

I in only know of Vajrakilaya and Vajrapani coming up in August.
Toenail

Post by Toenail »

Bhumi108w wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:36 am I in only know of Vajrakilaya and Vajrapani coming up in August.
Can you share?
discoskwalla

Post by discoskwalla »

Yes, please do, if you would be so kind, share...
adprice

Post by adprice »

I think Lama Migmar might be giving the Chakrasamvara empowerment via Zoom around June 30th 2022 when his one year online Chakrasamvara retreat begins -- you can reach out to them and ask at [email protected]
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

HH Dalai Lana will be giving it beginning tomorrow night, 10:30 EDT.
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:02 am HH Dalai Lana will be giving it beginning tomorrow night, 10:30 EDT.
I think this is July 8-10 IST.

Shaun :namaste:
ninespokes

Post by ninespokes »

Malcolm wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:02 am HH Dalai Lana will be giving it beginning tomorrow night, 10:30 EDT.
Where could we find the details about this, please?
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

I don't believe HHDL's empowerment is going to be online.
His Holiness will confer the Heruka Initiation of the Luipa Tradition (dechok luipa wang) in the mornings at the request of Gyudmey and Gyuto Tantric Colleges in Dharamsala at the Main Tibetan Temple (tsuglhakhang). July 8 will be the Preliminary Initiation and July 9 and 10 will be the Actual Initiation
https://www.dalailama.com/schedule
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

-Paraphrase of Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tsephel citing the Guhyasamaja Tantra

"All memories and thoughts are the union of emptiness and knowing, the Mind.
Without attachment, self-liberating, like a snake in a knot.
Through the qualities of meditating in that way,
Mental obscurations are purified and the dharmakaya is attained."

-Ra Lotsawa, All-pervading Melodious Drumbeats
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Konchog1 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:55 am I don't believe HHDL's empowerment is going to be online.
His Holiness will confer the Heruka Initiation of the Luipa Tradition (dechok luipa wang) in the mornings at the request of Gyudmey and Gyuto Tantric Colleges in Dharamsala at the Main Tibetan Temple (tsuglhakhang). July 8 will be the Preliminary Initiation and July 9 and 10 will be the Actual Initiation
They don't update the livestream until the next event has passed. Given in the past Tandrin Yangsang was given online and Gyalwa Gyatso will be, it's likely Chakrasamvara will be too.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
  • Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ
zerwe

Post by zerwe »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:12 pm
Konchog1 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:55 am I don't believe HHDL's empowerment is going to be online.
They don't update the livestream until the next event has passed. Given in the past Tandrin Yangsang was given online and Gyalwa Gyatso will be, it's likely Chakrasamvara will be too.
Yes, if my memory serves me correctly he gave Vajrabhairava in Jan. 2018? It was streamed. So, I don't see why Chakrasamvara would not be.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

zerwe wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:13 am
Lobsang Chojor wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:12 pm

Yes, if my memory serves me correctly he gave Vajrabhairava in Jan. 2018? It was streamed. So, I don't see why Chakrasamvara would not be.

Doesn’t seem to be.
Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

A commitment has been announced for HHDL Luipa Chakrasamvara empowerment.
Please note that people attending the initiation are required to do the daily practice of the Luipa Chakrasamvara Sadhana (luipe dechok dakye) or al least the Triple Purification Practice (dakpa sum kyi nyeljor) of Chakrasamvara.
"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

Lobsang Chojor wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:03 pm https://www.dalailama.com/schedule

A commitment has been announced for HHDL Luipa Chakrasamvara empowerment.
Please note that people attending the initiation are required to do the daily practice of the Luipa Chakrasamvara Sadhana (luipe dechok dakye) or al least the Triple Purification Practice (dakpa sum kyi nyeljor) of Chakrasamvara.
Thank you! I assume this means the long sadhana?
Equanimity is the ground. Love is the moisture. Compassion is the seed. Bodhicitta is the result.

Lobsang Chojor

Post by Lobsang Chojor »

Konchog1 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:52 pmThank you! I assume this means the long sadhana?
I'm not sure, I'm actually not aware of a translated sadhana of the Luipa lineage, the ones by FPMT are Ghantapada tradition.

The Three Purification practice has been translated so that would fulfill the commitment.
adprice

Post by adprice »

There are copies of both long (100p) and abbreviated (14p) 62 Deity Chakrasamavara sadhanas in the Luipa tradition online.

I'm interested in learning more about the commitment -- I would assume he'll give the option to do the abbreviated sadhana as a daily practice? When I took Vajrabhairava from HH in 2012 he strongly requested that we practice the long sadhana first before going to the short one, and I wonder if he will ask the same here.
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

adprice wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:10 pm There are copies of both long (100p) and abbreviated (14p) 62 Deity Chakrasamavara sadhanas in the Luipa tradition online.

I'm interested in learning more about the commitment -- I would assume he'll give the option to do the abbreviated sadhana as a daily practice? When I took Vajrabhairava from HH in 2012 he strongly requested that we practice the long sadhana first before going to the short one, and I wonder if he will ask the same here.
That's generally true. The long sadhana is for beginners and the short is for experts is what I usually hear.

The at least leads me to think the sadhana is encouraged but not mandatory. Bear in mind, the in person audience are monks who will do the sadhana in their monastery pujas, so HHDL is probably thinking about people like us.

conebeckham

Post by conebeckham »

I am just curious--why would someone NOT practice the sadhana, after getting the wang? Or, asked another way, why would anyone want to receive the Wang and not practice the method?
དམ་པའི་དོན་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ཆེ་བ་དང་།
རྟོག་གེའི་ཡུལ་མིན་བླ་མའི་བྱིན་རླབས་དང་།
སྐལ་ལྡན་ལས་འཕྲོ་ཅན་གྱིས་རྟོགས་པ་སྟེ།
དེ་ནི་ཤེས་རབ་ལ་ནི་ལོ་རྟོག་སེལ།།

"Absolute Truth is not an object of analytical discourse or great discriminating wisdom,
It is realized through the blessing grace of the Guru and fortunate Karmic potential.
Like this, mistaken ideas of discriminating wisdom are clarified."
- (Kyabje Bokar Rinpoche, from his summary of "The Ocean of Definitive Meaning")
Konchog1

Post by Konchog1 »

conebeckham wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:16 pm I am just curious--why would someone NOT practice the sadhana, after getting the wang? Or, asked another way, why would anyone want to receive the Wang and not practice the method?
If you break your leg, are taken to the hospital, and want to keep your practice commitments if you (likely) haven't memorized the sadhana.

PeterC

Post by PeterC »

conebeckham wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:16 pm I am just curious--why would someone NOT practice the sadhana, after getting the wang? Or, asked another way, why would anyone want to receive the Wang and not practice the method?
People are lazy and/or like collecting empowerments from famous teachers?

Return to “Sakya”