Pure Land Text Reading Group (by Zoom)

Zhen Li

Pure Land Text Reading Group (by Zoom)

Post by Zhen Li »

I posted something about this in a reply to another thread, but, just in case anyone is interested who might not have caught that I will mention it in a new topic here.

I am hosting a Pure Land text reading group by Zoom. The time is already set by the availability of various interested participants, but if you can make it at that time and are interested, please feel free to PM me.

The next meeting will have introductions, followed by a one-hour discussion of the Shorter Amida Sūtra. We will just read one section at a time and discuss anything that comes to mind—all are welcome, regardless of background or knowledge. We will conclude with a dedication of merits and then those who are interested in staying to discuss further can remain beyond the hour.

Monday 8 PM (EST), April 11th
Monday 5 PM (PST), April 11th
Tuesday 9 AM (JST), April 12th

Thanks
:namaste:
User 3495

Re: Pure Land Text Reading Group (by Zoom)

Post by User 3495 »

What a great initiative! I'd be very interested to join but cannot make it at that time (9 hours earlier would be perfekt 😅).

I am hoping to be able to join one day! 🙏
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

Tatsuo wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:42 am What a great initiative! I'd be very interested to join but cannot make it at that time (9 hours earlier would be perfekt 😅).

I am hoping to be able to join one day! 🙏
Thanks for expressing interest. I will post another notice if the time changes (eventually it will).
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

I'm interested. That would be in CEST (Central European Summer Time) at 14:00 or 2 PM, right?
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

Aemilius wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:36 pm I'm interested. That would be in CEST (Central European Summer Time) at 14:00 or 2 PM, right?
Hi Aemilius,

It would be great to have you join. Unfortunately, it looks like it would be 02:00.

Maybe if there's enough interest from Europe we can do two separate sessions.
Aemilius

Post by Aemilius »

Zhen Li wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:42 am
Aemilius wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:36 pm I'm interested. That would be in CEST (Central European Summer Time) at 14:00 or 2 PM, right?
Hi Aemilius,

It would be great to have you join. Unfortunately, it looks like it would be 02:00.

That's fine, I'm on winter holiday next week. We still have snow and ice.
svaha
"All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.
They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Sarvē mānavāḥ svatantrāḥ samutpannāḥ vartantē api ca, gauravadr̥śā adhikāradr̥śā ca samānāḥ ēva vartantē. Ētē sarvē cētanā-tarka-śaktibhyāṁ susampannāḥ santi. Api ca, sarvē’pi bandhutva-bhāvanayā parasparaṁ vyavaharantu."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 1. (in english and sanskrit)
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

I'll be there on the 11th/12th :smile: Hope to meet some Dharma-Wheelers!
Namu Amida Butsu
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

Aemilius wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:28 am
Zhen Li wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:42 am
Hi Aemilius,

That's fine, I'm on winter holiday next week. We still have snow and ice.
Nice! Well if you can still join on that day, please just PM me and I will send you the zoom details. :anjali:

Return to “Pure Land”