Insomnia

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
reiun

Re: Insomnia

Post by reiun »

A Sleep Disorder such as you describe should be properly diagnosed by a doctor, as has been suggested here. Several treatments are available. For example,
one of the new types of medications your doctor may suggest for insomnia is dual orexin receptor antagonists (DORAs). These new prescription sleep medications work by blocking orexin, a neuropeptide (chemical messenger in the brain) that helps your body stay awake.
Before trying medications for insomnia, though, doctors typically recommend that most people start with cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I), which usually involves seeing a therapist four to eight times over a few months, says Jennifer Martin, PhD, a professor of medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and spokesperson for the AASM. CBT-I is a targeted, structured program that aims to help you identify thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that are contributing to insomnia and change them, according to SleepFoundation.org. “CBT-I is the recommended first-line therapy for insomnia disorder,” says Dr. Martin.
https://www.everydayhealth.com/insomnia ... 78aa5fe5dd

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”