Accidentally not respecting Dharma books.

stucked

Accidentally not respecting Dharma books.

Post by stucked »

Hi. I once accidentally put a dharma book on the floor (before I didn't know that a Dharma book should be placed in a respectful place), and found that my pet stepped on it. I know that I am wrong, but what should I do?
heart

Re: Accidentally not respecting Dharma books.

Post by heart »

stucked wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:43 pm Hi. I once accidentally put a dharma book on the floor (before I didn't know that a Dharma book should be placed in a respectful place), and found that my pet stepped on it. I know that I am wrong, but what should I do?
relax and don't do it again.

/magnus
"We are all here to help each other go through this thing, whatever it is."
~Kurt Vonnegut

"The principal practice is Guruyoga. But we need to understand that any secondary practice combined with Guruyoga becomes a principal practice." ChNNR (Teachings on Thun and Ganapuja)
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Be glad that your pet has made a connection to the dharma
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
pemachophel

Post by pemachophel »

Lift the book to the top of your head. This is a sign of respect among Tibetans. You can also lift your mala the same way if you drop. Or a statue or any Dharma object/implement. You can also say OM BA-DZRA SA-TO HUNG if you like.

Below is a Majushri Book Mantra. If you place on the cover of any Dharma book, it will prevent the accumulation of bad karma through inadvertently disrespecting the book, such as putting it on the floor, stepping over it, putting some non-Dharmic object on top of it, etc. Sorry, I didn't intend to download this here three times.
Attachments
Manjushri Book mantra.pdf
(510.41 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
(510.41 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
(510.41 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Pema Chophel པདྨ་ཆོས་འཕེལ
stucked

Post by stucked »

Thank you guys

Return to “Jonang”