Dzogchen Meditation Retreat with Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche and Anam Thubten May 13-15 2022

Archie2009

Dzogchen Meditation Retreat with Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche and Anam Thubten May 13-15 2022

Post by Archie2009 »

Abhaya Fellowship and Dharmata Foundation present
Dzogchen Meditation Retreat
with Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche and Anam Thubten

Friday, May 13, 7 to 8:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday, May 14 & 15, 10 am to 5 pm PDT

Link

Dzogchen is considered the highest and most direct path to realizing that the nature of one’s mind is already free and enlightened. Its approach offers immediate release from chains of thoughts and emotional patterns, allowing unconditional joy, compassion, and love to shine from within. Many individuals of the past experienced profound inner awakening through the practice of Dzogchen. Retreat teachings will be based on the lineage of the great 19th century Tibetan master Dudjom Lingpa. Talks and guided meditation will be offered throughout.

You are warmly invited to attend. This retreat is open to all with a sincere interest in Dzogchen and the teachings of Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche and Anam Thubten. We’ll gather for this retreat online via Zoom Webinar. Your full attendance is requested; recordings and delayed broadcast will not be available.

Read the FAQ for essential information, including:

Retreat schedule

Registration and sliding scale

Refund policy

Preparing your home for a retreat

Preparing your computer to join an online retreat via Zoom

IMPORTANT: Your Zoom link

If you have questions, contact the retreat volunteers at [email protected]

Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche is a fourth generation descendant of Dudjom Lingpa. After extensive study of Sutra, Tantra, and Dzogchen pith instructions and empowerments at Larung Gar Monastery, His Holiness Jigme Phuntsok formally requested Rinpoche to teach and preserve the Dudjom lineage. The renowned female teacher, Dakini Kunzang Wangmo, made the same request. Learn more about Rinpoche and the Abhaya Fellowship.

Anam Thubten grew up in Tibet and at an early age began to practice in the Nyingma tradition. Among his many teachers, his most formative were Lama Tsurlo, Khenpo Chopel, and Lama Garwang. He is the founder and spiritual advisor of Dharmata Foundation and teaches widely in the U.S. and abroad. His books include No Self, No Problem and the Citadel of Awareness. Learn more about Anam Thubten and the Dharmata Foundation.
Passing By

Re: Dzogchen Meditation Retreat with Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche and Anam Thubten May 13-15 2022

Post by Passing By »

Very nice. Happy to see Chakung Rinpoche starting to give more Dzogchen events. Time difference is always so harsh though but that can't be helped I guess
Nalanda

Re: Dzogchen Meditation Retreat with Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche and Anam Thubten May 13-15 2022

Post by Nalanda »

Any lung, empowerment, transmission given here?
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Nalanda wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:28 pm Any lung, empowerment, transmission given here?
No further information has been made available so far.
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

Update: Yes, there will be lung.

Source: Dzogchen Retreat Volunteers

Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Nalanda wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:01 am Update: Yes, there will be lung.

Source: Dzogchen Retreat Volunteers
Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche's recent Nang jang teachings were very inspiring. I think you won't regret attending this reteat. I'm looking forward to it. Hope to see you there as well. :smile:
Daniel83

Post by Daniel83 »

I'm looking forward to it as well.

Volunteers told me yesterday that there will be pointing-out instructions :).

I have to get up so early tho to take part :shock:
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Daniel83 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:29 am I'm looking forward to it as well.

I got an email this morning saying the first session will go a little longer to allow for empowerment. That first session is between 4 am CET and 6 am CET. I'll have to get lots of extra sleep the coming days and go to bed early friday evening. The other sessions are more convenient starting at 7 pm CET and ending 2 am CET with a 2 hour break in the middle.
Daniel83

Post by Daniel83 »

Archie2009 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:59 am
Daniel83 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:29 am I'm looking forward to it as well.

I got an email this morning saying the first session will go a little longer to allow for empowerment. That first session is between 4 am CET and 6 am CET. I'll have to get lots of extra sleep the coming days and go to bed early friday evening. The other sessions are more convenient starting at 7 pm CET and ending 2 am CET with a 2 hour break in the middle.
haha, same with me! I don't when the last time was I got up that early :rolling: but I'm super hyped for it!
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

I'll be joining also. The first session is Saturday day time for me but the rest means I need to get up at 3 am

Nevertheless really looking forward to it. The Nang Jang event previously was really something special
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

Few more hours. See you all. I hope we could get to know each other there, exchange infos and such. I'll try to use the same name.

wbass678

Post by wbass678 »

Does anyone know what this workshop will be covering? :alien: :spy: :alien:
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

wbass678 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:31 pm Does anyone know what this workshop will be covering? :alien: :spy: :alien:
Dzogchen + empowerment

stoneinfocus

Post by stoneinfocus »

Nalanda wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:14 pm
wbass678 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:31 pm Does anyone know what this workshop will be covering? :alien: :spy: :alien:
Dzogchen + empowerment
I'm guessing he means which specific texts, topics, etc...
Passing By

Post by Passing By »

Does anyone know if the unelaborate empowerment just now theoretically allows one to do any Dudjom practice that they have received the lung and instructions for? Like for example, I have the latter two for Troma but not the empowerment since the complete Troma empowerment apparently is an in-person only thing but does the rigpai tsal dbang just now count for that purpose?
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

Good question. What did the translator said is the lineage of this transmission/empowerment?

Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Passing By wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:40 am Does anyone know if the unelaborate empowerment just now theoretically allows one to do any Dudjom practice that they have received the lung and instructions for? Like for example, I have the latter two for Troma but not the empowerment since the complete Troma empowerment apparently is an in-person only thing but does the rigpai tsal dbang just now count for that purpose?
I would email The Abhaya Fellowship.
"If you have any questions about the retreat, please contact [email protected]"
Archie2009

Post by Archie2009 »

Nalanda wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:53 am Good question. What did the translator said is the lineage of this transmission/empowerment?
I wasn't taking notes and didn't write down the name of the person who gave Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche this empowerment, but Düdjom Lingpa (1835-1904) was Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche's great great great grandfather (4th generation). Düdjom Lingpa had many children, eight sons and four daughters, ten grandchildren, and ten great grandchildren (B. Alan Wallace in Düdjom Lingpa's Visions of the Great Perfection, Vol. 1: Heart of the Great Perfection, page 16). All of his sons were great practitioners, scholars, etc. It is not clear to me through which of Düdjom Lingpa's twelve children Rinpoche is related to him. But obviously the lineage of the transmission of the empowerment and teachings we received and will receive over the weekend is very short, direct and pure as a result. Throughout his life, Düdjom Lingpa had many visionary encounters with e.g. various manifestations of Padmasambhava. On these occassions he received teachings. His autobiography has been translated as A Clear Mirror: The Visionary Autobiography of a Tibetan Master (Rangjung Yeshe Publications). The B. Alan Wallace book I mentioned above contains a short biographical sketch as well.
Nalanda

Post by Nalanda »

Archie2009 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:46 am
Nalanda wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:53 am Good question. What did the translator said is the lineage of this transmission/empowerment?
I wasn't taking notes and didn't write down the name of the person who gave Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche this empowerment, but Düdjom Lingpa (1835-1904) was Chakung Jigme Wangdrak Rinpoche's great great great grandfather (4th generation). Düdjom Lingpa had many children, eight sons and four daughters, ten grandchildren, and ten great grandchildren (B. Alan Wallace in Düdjom Lingpa's Visions of the Great Perfection, Vol. 1: Heart of the Great Perfection, page 16). All of his sons were great practitioners, scholars, etc. It is not clear to me through which of Düdjom Lingpa's twelve children Rinpoche is related to him. But obviously the lineage of the transmission of the empowerment and teachings we received and will receive over the weekend is very short, direct and pure as a result. Throughout his life, Düdjom Lingpa had many visionary encounters with e.g. various manifestations of Padmasambhava. On these occassions he received teachings. His autobiography has been translated as A Clear Mirror: The Visionary Autobiography of a Tibetan Master (Rangjung Yeshe Publications). The B. Alan Wallace book I mentioned above contains a short biographical sketch as well.
Unbelievable. I wouldn't know if you didn't tell me. Thanks.

Return to “Dzogchen”