empty stomach

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
JieshiShan

empty stomach

Post by JieshiShan »

I have been doing intermittent fasting for quite some time, and at the same time a keto diet, as it is the best for me.
But what I notice is that if for some reason I go back to eating flour or overdo it briefly (there are always ups and downs in my diet) I feel terrible.
This goes a bit beyond a slight discomfort, because it also complicates my daily practices, because of the feeling of lack of mental alertness and drowsiness that comes with it.
It is necessary to return to fasting
山结实 Shan Jiēshi
禅四轮
Sādhaka

Re: empty stomach

Post by Sādhaka »

Intermittent-fasting is good.

My two cents though:

Keto is good for losing weight in the short-term, yet bad as an long-term diet.

I mean if you’re doing a strict carnivore diet, then that’s keto in itself, and health-wise isn’t horrible….

Yet if you’re vegan or vegetarian, then keto long-term is going to be unhealthy. I.e. if you’re vegetarian, then try adding some raw milk and/or raw honey to your diet (whilst observing prescribed & proscribed food-combinations according to Ayurveda/Tibetan Medicine). They won’t spike your insulin as much as other types of sugar/carbs despite technically having sugar & carbs in them.
Last edited by Sādhaka on Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

JieshiShan wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:49 pm I have been doing intermittent fasting for quite some time, and at the same time a keto diet, as it is the best for me.
But what I notice is that if for some reason I go back to eating flour or overdo it briefly (there are always ups and downs in my diet) I feel terrible.
This goes a bit beyond a slight discomfort, because it also complicates my daily practices, because of the feeling of lack of mental alertness and drowsiness that comes with it.
It is necessary to return to fasting
Similar experiences here.
It's astonishing how bad it feels to eat white flour products. I now leave sugar, reduce white flour and got used to 16 hours fasting per day. If I stick to that, live is okay.
It seems to me that "normal" eating habits (too much and too unhealthy) lead to depression.
JieshiShan

Post by JieshiShan »

If I had to evaluate which discomfort I feel more when eating flour and sugar, I would say it is the "emotional" one over the physical one.
山结实 Shan Jiēshi
禅四轮
JieshiShan

Post by JieshiShan »

and the biggest help by far is our folkloric icon, spread all over the country and at every moment is the mate.
A tremendous companion and a ritual among friends that remains intact.
Ideal before and after practice.
20220311_090903.jpg
20220311_090903.jpg (502.42 KiB) Viewed 694 times
山结实 Shan Jiēshi
禅四轮

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”