1,000 Arm Chenrezig Compassion Retreat for World Peace with or without Empowerment

Here we can publicise upcoming dharma events (talks, retreats, webcasts, etc).
ricc11961

1,000 Arm Chenrezig Compassion Retreat for World Peace with or without Empowerment

Post by ricc11961 »

Practicing together for world peace is an very important thing to do now given what is happening so i wanted to share this for visability should someone wish to join 🙏

Attendance in person or via zoom is optional

https://www.dnkldharma.org/calendar/eve ... peace.html

Overview:

1,000 Arm Chenrezig Compassion Retreat for World Peace In-person and Zoom Retreat dates: March 4 - March 18, 2022

The Fifteen Days of Miracles—beginning on the first day of the Tibetan New Year, Losar, on March 3, 2022—commemorate the special time when Guru Shakyamuni Buddha showed miraculous powers. The Days of Miracles culminate on Chotrul Duchen on March 18, 2022, which is the full moon and the fifteenth day of the lunar calendar. To end the wars, and unprecedented violence, famines, epidemics, and natural disasters that we face today, Geshe Losang Dhargye encourages everyone to engage in the practice of Chenrezig, the Buddha of Compassion. Even reciting Chenrezig's mantra -- Om Mane Padme Hum -- just one time with a mind filled with bodhicitta creates immeasurable virtue. The retreat begins March 4 and ends on March 18, Chotrul Duchen. We will be using the 1,000 Arm Chenrezig sadhana published by FPMT. The sadhana can be practiced both by those who have taken the empowerment as well those who have not. Nine, in-person sessions will be held at DNKL (see the schedule below) and will be facilitated by Ani Losang Tendrol. These sessions will also be live-streamed on Zoom. During the sessions, Ani Tendrol will emphasize the core practice of equanimity -- breaking through the artificial barriers that separate us from our loved ones, those to whom we feel indifferent, and those to whom we feel hostile. The 1,000 Arm Chenrezig practice is a very powerful method for generating compassion for all living beings. This retreat provides a good foundation for participating in the Nyung Nye retreat at DNKL in June. Attendance at the in-person/live-streamed sessions is optional. Ideally, you could do the sadhana at least once a day for the duration of the retreat. If that is not possible, then do as many days of practice as your schedule allows. If you would like to share the number of sadhanas that you complete, please email [email protected] by March 21. In-person (and on Zoom) sessions: Time: 7:30 - 8:45 PM Facilitator: Ani Losang Tendrol Friday, March 4 Saturday, March 5 Sunday, March 6 Thursday, March 10 Friday, March 11 Saturday, March 12 Sunday, March 13 Thursday, March 17 Friday, March 18

The download link for the sadhana is on the link of the website if you scroll down. In the sadhana there are instructions how to practice if you have the empowerment or not. May every being benefit :anjali:
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: 1,000 Arm Chenrezig Compassion Retreat for World Peace with or without Empowerment

Post by Ayu »

Am I right assuming this will happen in the US? Can you mention the timezone, please? (I couldn't find it).
Könchok Thrinley
Former staff member

Re: 1,000 Arm Chenrezig Compassion Retreat for World Peace with or without Empowerment

Post by Könchok Thrinley »

Ayu wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:32 pm Am I right assuming this will happen in the US? Can you mention the timezone, please? (I couldn't find it).
It is in Redding, Connecticut so it ought to be UTC -5:00
“Observing samaya involves to remain inseparable from the union of wisdom and compassion at all times, to sustain mindfulness, and to put into practice the guru’s instructions”. Garchen Rinpoche

For those who do virtuous actions,
goodness is what comes to pass.
For those who do non-virtuous actions,
that becomes suffering indeed.

- Arya Sanghata Sutra
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Thank you.
If I have difficulties in falling asleep, I can participate.

Return to “Dharma Events”