Chrome issues with DW specifically?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Hazel
Former staff member

Re: Chrome issues with DW specifically?

Post by Hazel »

The other thing to try is clearing your cache/cookies. Honestly this doesn't seem like that kind of bug, but it's still worth a shot as that fixes some of the other weird bugs that come up.
Happy Pride month to my queer dharma siblings!

What do you see when you turn out the lights?
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Hazel wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:07 pm Also, make sure your browsers are running the latest version as well.

It's actually really dangerous not to do this. There was a recent vulnerability in Chrome that you definitely don't want to be walking around with. And I'm sure the same for Edge (and Firefox [and Safari {and lynx}]).
Firefox comes out with updates every few days, it seems, which is a bit annoying but I go along with it.
I haven't used Safari for years, and I don't know lynx at all. On the other hand, there's Opera, which I use if I want a change from Firefox for any reason.

:coffee:
Kim
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Still happening intermittently.

Strangely, if I navigate to the page through my history, the page opens functionally, and navigating links within the site from there is problem free. Its only when I type in the site in the address bar that I have this problem. Could it be some sort of handshake thing related to the security certificate?
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Made some more updates; see if the problem is still occurring?
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

Nope. Past couple days have been problem free.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
Norwegian

Post by Norwegian »

Just got the bug again on my end, first time today. I had clicked on a link from a chat channel, watched content, typed in first few letters for the forum, browser auto-completed, hit enter, and every issue was present again. Tried to replicate this a second time, but then everything was fine.
明安 Myoan
Former staff member

Post by 明安 Myoan »

It's improved on my end -- a few days without the issue occuring, versus every time I used the site. So thank you very much for your efforts thus far, DNS!
Namu Amida Butsu
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

had the issue this morning once, but resolved with one reload.

Return to “Suggestion Box”