Please recommend Longchen Nyingtik ngondro teachers with zoom/livestream

Nalanda

Re: Please recommend Longchen Nyingtik ngondro teachers with zoom/livestream

Post by Nalanda »

Ayu wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:34 pm I think, a person that asks a question should keep in mind, that those many answers were given with lots of effort. If I ask a question, people work hard in phrasing, wording, explaining... They love to do that. Otherwise they wouldn't answer, I think.
But when the person doesn't find any end in posing questions, jumps from one difficult topic to a next completely different difficult topic, it feels strange.
In my case personally (I'm talking of another person than you, Nalanda, on another forum than DW), I feel used then. If somebody asks me: "Tell me all about your lineage, I want to take refuge" and we write PMs two days, and on the third day they say, they want to join Theravada rather - ehm, okay... Another 3 days later they ask for Rigpa in the forum, then they definitely want to practice Zen and at the end, after engaging the whole forum, they leave and become Christian better... :thumbsup:

...I'm sorry to say it honestly, but somehow I feel somebody wasted my time then, seemingly only because they believe everybody has to work for them and they don't need to engage and think by themselves.

I know, there is a flaw in my view. Just wanted to utter why I have empathy with people who get slightly impatient at a certain point.

I think you've helped them. You are very good for doing what you did. You didn't waste time at all. It's a success story and I wish to have a friend like you. :cheers: Let's have a non-alcoholic beer sometimes.
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

Nalanda

Re: Please recommend Longchen Nyingtik ngondro teachers with zoom/livestream

Post by Nalanda »

stoneinfocus wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:36 pm
Nalanda wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:28 am
yagmort wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:51 am

That is all very enlightening. I didn't know that. I'll have to think more about this.
While it is worth considering, I'd caution against continuing to think and think, and urge more action. I think what you need to realize is that when you start meeting teachers and practicing, things will fall into place. You will probably find many teachers over the years, and take teachings from many lineages. But, since you have said you are meeting teachers and taking those steps, then it sounds like you are doing just that, so this is not a chastisement but rather an encouragement to keep going and commit to the steps you've taken to meet teachers and begin practice.

For reference, I spent literally years hemming and hawing before I finally set foot in a temple, and met my refuge lama and Dharma guide. I was so nervous about starting, finding the right teacher, joining a new religion, etc... Once I began, my Dharma life blossomed, I connected with multiple teachers and lineages, connected with almost every practice I had aspirations to do, very quickly.

While it's good to be prepared, I actually regretted waiting so long. It sounds like you know you want to do this, and have looked into a million teachers, so you are ready to dive in.
Yes, the goal is to have it all sorted out this weekend. Thank you friend.

[Mod note: This topic was being locked, because the question seems to be answered. No need to bump it up again.]
IF YOU PRACTICE WITH A STRONG BELIEF IN WHAT
YOU ARE DOING, THEN THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT
YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR PRACTICE.

CHAKUNG JIGME WANGDRAK RINPOCHE

Return to “Nyingma”