Question on mantra for dead and unconscious beings

Michael126unknown

Question on mantra for dead and unconscious beings

Post by Michael126unknown »

Hello, this will sound strange to ask so bear with me, is there any mantra or practice to revive a small animal such as an insect or small fish from unconsciousness or death? I am asking because my pet fish has died; I have done a lot of practice so that it may have a better next life instead of an animal rebirth again but I am wondering if there is anything that can do this… Thank you.
Chenda

Re: Question on mantra for dead and unconscious beings

Post by Chenda »

I don't have any mantra to recommend nor the qualifications to do so, but regarding reviving them... wouldn't that simply hinder from progressing further? For all we know their next one is a precious human body.
With the wisdom of threefold purity, dedicate all the virtue gained from having made such effort toward enlightenment. Dedicate it to clear away the suffering of infinite beings. This is the way of a Bodhisattva.
Gyalsé Ngulchu Tokmé (རྒྱལ་སྲས་དངུལ་ཆུ་ཐོགས་མེད་), The Thirty-Seven Practices of All the Bodhisattvas
Michael126unknown

Re: Question on mantra for dead and unconscious beings

Post by Michael126unknown »

Chenda wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:19 am I don't have any mantra to recommend nor the qualifications to do so, but regarding reviving them... wouldn't that simply hinder from progressing further? For all we know their next one is a precious human body.
I understand. You may be right. I have recited the Mani mantra many times and dedicated the merit to the being. Thank you.

Return to “Sakya”