Specific guests …a la Allione

climb-up

Specific guests …a la Allione

Post by climb-up »

Hello beautiful people,

I have learned 2.5 forms of Chöd as well as “Feed Your Demons.”
In regards to the former I have only practiced it as an offering to the four guests, more or less equally. I’m wondering if it is common to (or, it isn’t common, if there is any particular problem with) performing the offering to the four guests but spending time focusing on one particular guest or class or guests, similar to how Lama Allione teaches in the FYD process?
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Soma999

Re: Specific guests …a la Allione

Post by Soma999 »

I recite sometime many times the multicoloured feast, repeating the liturgy, to deepen my visualisation and connection with what i am doing. Same with red feast.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Soma999 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:09 am I recite sometime many times the multicoloured feast, repeating the liturgy, to deepen my visualisation and connection with what i am doing. Same with red feast.
I apologize for possibly being dense, but I haven’t received many teachings on the specific feasts so it that may be why it isn’t clear;
When you’re repeating the multicolored feast liturgy, are you focusing primarily on one class of being, or one particular being?
"Death's second name is 'omnipresent.' On the relative truth it seems we become separate. But on the absolute there is no separation." Lama Dawa
Soma999

Post by Soma999 »

It depends on what i am trying to do. If i repeat it it is because i want to spend more time on this feast, to deepen the visualisation. I can focus on a specific group if i feel it or stay general. I can focus more on offering to the three jewels, karmic creditors to repay depts, or the being of the six realms. If you need something, visualise you offer it to the whole universe, it will help to manifest it in your life.

If you can, do a retreat (remote is possible), at ganden chokor, the lama is an expert in chod practice.
climb-up

Post by climb-up »

Soma999 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:09 am It depends on what i am trying to do. If i repeat it it is because i want to spend more time on this feast, to deepen the visualisation. I can focus on a specific group if i feel it or stay general. I can focus more on offering to the three jewels, karmic creditors to repay depts, or the being of the six realms. If you need something, visualise you offer it to the whole universe, it will help to manifest it in your life.

If you can, do a retreat (remote is possible), at ganden chokor, the lama is an expert in chod practice.
I see. Thank you so much!
And I will check out ganden chokor!

Return to “Chod”