If one cannot find the right Nichiren sect to be a part of, then is going ones' own way the best route?

narhwal90
Global Moderator

Re: If one cannot find the right Nichiren sect to be a part of, then is going ones' own way the best route?

Post by narhwal90 »

Sweet :) Thanks! I guess its already hosted, but good to have a link to download...
illarraza

Re: If one cannot find the right Nichiren sect to be a part of, then is going ones' own way the best route?

Post by illarraza »

narhwal90 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:11 pm Sweet :) Thanks! I guess its already hosted, but good to have a link to download...
You might also be interested in Secular Nichiren: https://sites.google.com/view/nichirensecular/home

M
Minobu

Post by Minobu »

Though Eternity one passes through as a Bohdisatva of the Earth . All are going through the same thing no matter what sect they end up in .
Secular concepts are just that , concepts.

What ever sect you feel best in, is the one for you this time around.
bcol01

Post by bcol01 »

I can't believe I never saw this until now--THANK YOU!
illarraza wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:00 pm
narhwal90 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:56 pm
bcol01 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:50 pm I do remember that pdf site. I think his name was Greg something. Sad to see it gone. Yea on what you said, I just feel like in a way yea it'd be nice to find a temple that aligns with what I believe is the essence of the LS but what I have found is a way of summing it all up and from there, I just use forums, books, engagements with others/learning regarding Nichiren and then just do my best if you will. Not easy, but if it keeps me practicing...so be it?

I can't imagine how Nichiren must have felt shivering in his dwelling, but it's def powerful when you see how he viewed Buddhahood and, stuck through thick and thin. An incredible life indeed.

If anyone has a hint as to where that site might be archived, or if its available via the various wayback things- or even better can get a backup, I'd be glad to rehost the pages like we did with the old Nichiren Coffeehouse site a couple years ago.
http://geraldaitkenwriter.weebly.com/up ... ddhism.pdf
In his writing, Hokkemongu (Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra), The Great Master Nichiren said, “If the practitioners of the Lotus Sutra wholeheartedly devote their life to the Lotus Sutra and practice according to its golden words, it is certainly needless to say that not only in the next life, but also in this lifetime they will overcome severe difficulty, prolong their life, receive the great, good fortune of unsurpassed enlightenment, and accomplish the great vow of the widespread, propagation of True Buddhism.”
illarraza

Post by illarraza »

bcol01 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:52 pm It seems each sect has an agenda, a sort of exclusivity or deifying of their leader/founder thing going on. I have always enjoyed learning independently but am concerned that I'm neglecting to find a sangha. How can I square away w this?
As long as one goes the Way of the Lotus Sutra and Nichiren's authentic writings, it is a valid route.

Mark

[Mod note: The thread continues here:]
https://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=42650

Return to “Nichiren”