Campaigns and Projects to help Tibetans

Discuss the application of the Dharma to situations of social, political, environmental and economic suffering and injustice.
cjdevries

Campaigns and Projects to help Tibetans

Post by cjdevries »

Here is a list of things you can do to support Tibet and Tibetans. http://www.umass.edu/rso/fretibet/do.html

It is an old list, but I think it could still be helpful.
I have heard that writing letters of behalf of prisoners is one of the best ways to help. The letters get through and they make a difference.
There are many stories of Tibetans being released after many letters were received on their behalf. From the article: "A Chinese prison official in Lhasa recently said that he had received many letters of concern for Tibetans prisoners. Your letters get through. We know that this has made a tremendous difference improving conditions, preventing or lessening torture, and leading to an early release of some prisoners. Gendun Rinchen, a tour guide who was released after 7 months without being tortured, is living proof. Chinese officials received thousands of letters about him. Watch for urgent prisoner appeals in Tibetan support group newsletters, and contact Amnesty International to become part of an international China campaign. were received by Chinese prisons."
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi

Return to “Engaged Buddhism”