It's very hard living with demon attacks.

Help required with personal difficulties.
qwerty2020

It's very hard living with demon attacks.

Post by qwerty2020 »

There is a demon that follows me around and attacks at will. I have tried for years to find a solution, any solution. Some protection, any protection. It's a huge burden on my relationship with my wife. It attacks her too. At will. I long thought that there was something in my behavior triggering it. But it comes and goes when it wants. Bloody bite holes all over my body, constantly drained and exhausted.

I am practicing Vajrayana. Simple stuff. Seven line prayer and vajra guru mantra. I have a connection with a teacher. At first, it seemed to be working. It cleared up some minor ghosts and other obstacles. And i thought it was clearing up this demon. I thought it was over. But it's back, as harmful as ever, attacking whenever it wants. It can attack me even while I am practicing.

I can't take it. It's so hard living with this. In the outside, i look like I have a normal life. On the inside, I'm being attacked by a demon every single day. I can't tell people. They won't understand. IT's too strange. They can't sympathise.

I need an exorcism. But I can't find one. It's my karma. I know that that is how it works. But it feels wrong. It feels unfair. This demon is after me, but it attacks people around me. It attacks my wife. She is innocent. That's not my karma. That's the demon's karma. It is doing its own actions. And it's free to do them. All our practice, all our dharma, and we don't seem to be any less vulnerable to this evil as before. How can that be? How can evil be free to do what it wants even in the face of the dharma?

I kept believing that there must be a limit to evil. That if we keep walking the path, that if we keep practicing, keep generating merit, keep doing these things, that there will be some relief, eventually. Some protection. I am still praying for this protection. Still waiting for it to come.

I still trust in Guru Rinpoche. And in my teacher. But I am disillusioned. I am tired of the evil. Evil that has no purpose, no function. Evil just to be evil, harm just to harm. I am a teacher, at school today, too weary to plan my lessons to teach my students effectively because I've been attacked by this demon all night. In wake, in dreams. And I am worried about my wife. She's not herself. She's being devestated by it. I can't protect her. I'm tired of it, so tired of it. I've looked everywhere for help. I have met wonderful people on the path, I have met noble disciples, I have met Bodhisattvas. I have had great blessings in this regard. I have found the teachings. I believe firmly that I am on the path.

Yet this does not alleviate the pain of this evil, this endless, constant stream of being fed upon and attacked and tormented by this evil being. And this is my ultimate disillusionment with the world. My whole life has been a one sided fight, an endless war against me by invisible evil that I cannot defend against, that does not seem to respond to anything. And this is how the world is designed. This is the terrain of samsara.

Every day I cry out for help against this unimaginable evil, this endless torment. Every day I am in desperation. I need help. *****I need help***** everything I have tried ****has not worked**** I am not the only person affected by this, I need to help my wife as well

*******I need help********

Thank you for reading.
Sādhaka

Re: It's very hard living with demon attacks.

Post by Sādhaka »

Wow, I hesitate to give any advice whatsoever; nonetheless, it sounds like you either need to start some strong Wrathful practice, or get up to speed on identifying the Natural State so as to ‘abide’ in it, as that is considered to be the best protection. But even though this is theoretically simple, it’s often not easy for those who haven’t done retreats.

Then the Special Preliminaries of Dzogchen of the Three Doors of Body, Speech, and Mind, the one for the Body is taught as a strong protection against these types of things.

Aside from that, Yantra Yoga or Khrul Khor and taking steps to make sure your Ojas is strengthened through diet and other disciplines.

These are just some general things I can think of.

You said you that have a connection to a Teacher, therefore I hope you can contact this Teacher somehow.

Good luck.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

The pain of any attack, whether it’s a demon
or just an ordinary a mosquito,
that suffering is produced by the mind itself,
and it’s the result of clinging, self-grasping,
Hoarding your feelings.

Instead of trying to free yourself,
Offer to free the demon.
Try offering the attacks,
The experience itself, and as an offering.
You can offer your own suffering,
to the enlightened beings.
They’ll take it and use it to grow
their pure-land lotuses.

Imagining that with each attack,
you are taking on the sufferings of all sentient beings:
“I freely offer this attack,
(Which itself is emptiness)
for the benefit of all beings,
and in doing so, may the demon find peace.
May the demon be liberated!”

If you can give the attacks away,
I think this will help you.
If you hold onto them,
of course they will cause you a lot of pain.

That’s what I would do, anyway.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
Budai

Post by Budai »

You could ask for Avalokakitesvara's protection, the protection of Bodhisattva Perceiver of the World's Sounds.

Here is an excerpt about Him from the Lotus Sutra's text:
"Suppose there were a hundred, a thousand, ten thousand, a million living beings who, seeking for gold, silver, lapis lazuli, seashell, agate, coral, amber, pearls, and other treasures, set out on the great sea. and suppose a fierce wind should blow their ship off course and it drifted to the land of rakshasas demons. If among those people there is even just one who calls the name of Bodhisattva Perceiver of the World's sounds, then all those people will be delivered from their troubles with the rakshasas. This is why he is called Perceiver of the World's Sounds.

"If a person who faces imminent threat of attack should call the name of Bodhisattva Perceiver of the World's sounds, then the swords and staves wielded by his attackers would instantly shatter into so many pieces and he would be delivered.

Though enough yakshas and rakshasas to fill all the thousand-million-fold world should try to come and torment a person, if they hear him calling the name of Bodhisattva Perceiver of the World's Sounds, then these evil demons will not even be able to look at him with their evil eyes, much less do him harm.
Such are Bodhisattva Perceiver of the World's Sounds marvelous Transcendental Powers.

The chapter of the Lotus Sutra about Avalokakitesvara can be read here and here. It is a good read.

Generally the Tibetan Mantra Om Mani Padme Hum is associated and understood to connect to Avalokakitesvara, so you may choose to chant that.

I understand your predicament. You may have to exhibit some strong rebuke in this demon in the Form of Buddhist Wrath and Force. It actually seems to me like this single demon you are perceiving may be multiple demons posing as one, as I have encountered many demons in my life, and I know how to deal with them. I wish you all the best, and all Peace! You are a wonderful Bodhisattva! May the Buddha and Avalokakitesvara protect you fully!

Picture of Avalokakitesvara.

Om.
cjdevries

Post by cjdevries »

I have dealt with this firsthand. I looked around everywhere trying to find help. I could give you an exhaustive list of what I tried, but it would be wiser for me to just tell you the name of the clairvoyant healer who was able to actually clear the negative spirits from me. The guy is amazing. He exorcism as well as energy healing with divine light. I recommended him to someone else from dharmawheel who was dealing with spirit harm. He came back with rave reviews; he told me that I was right: this guy is the real deal. Please PM me if you would like to know his name and contact info. He operates out of Southern California, but does skype sessions. They are $175. There is also a second healer who I went to who was also very good and was able remove negative entities. He is more affordable and probably just as good; he works on a sliding scale. However, I am biased because the first guy literally gave me my life back. From my POV It's useless to try to worry about what caused this. It is much better to find the solution. I believe there are many stories of practitioners who tried to liberate other beings and inadvertently attracted foreign spirits in the pursuit of doing something noble.

What I have found that was helpful is generating compassion toward the negative spirit. In one situation, a negative entity was really affecting me at night; it was genuinely terrifying. I did the only thing I could think of doing: I just generated as much compassion for this being as I could and over again said something like "I wish you well". As soon as I did this a few times, the being had no more energy to harm me and disappeared. There's a famous story of a girl who was afflicted with spirit harm and nothing was working. They brought in a great lama, but when he said his prayers the spirit would say negative prayers that would counteract the effect of the positive prayers. Eventually, the lama didn't know what to do so he contemplated what he should do next; it dawned on him that he could try sending compassion to the spirit. So he did, and when he did that, the girl was soon liberated from spirit harm.

Also, Sitatapatra and Sengdongma are good practices for spirit harm.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
Sādhaka

Post by Sādhaka »

PadmaVonSamba,

Don’t get me wrong, your intention there is good; however IMHO, you seem to be offering advice on how to practice rather than giving suggestions on what he could practice.

Therefore, IMO, it would be better instead to, for example, suggest to Qwerty2020 to receive and practice the Chöd system from the Lineage he is in and practice it according to the exact instructions.

I did see that you added “that’s what I would do, anyway”. And thats fine. Please don’t take this as me trying to be rude.
PadmaVonSamba

Post by PadmaVonSamba »

Sādhaka wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:31 pm PadmaVonSamba,

Don’t get me wrong, your intention there is good; however IMHO, you seem to be offering advice on how to practice rather than giving suggestions on what he could practice.

Therefore, IMO, it would be better instead to, for example, suggest to Qwerty2020 to receive and practice the Chöd system from the Lineage he is in and practice it according to the exact instructions.

I did see that you added “that’s what I would do, anyway”. And thats fine. Please don’t take this as me trying to be rude.
I would think how to practice would mean loudly or softly, quickly or slowly, alone or with others, and so on.
What to practice, I am suggesting, is generosity. Whether that is by done via Chöd or through other practice is how, because a practice, regardless of what it might be, is a means .
But I understand your point. However, I think only one’s teacher can determine specifically what traditional practice is suitable for a student. I don’t claim to be any kind of teacher, and perhaps offering such a suggestion in an online forum is out of place. However, as the author of the original post seemed to be asking for suggestions, that is mine.
EMPTIFUL.
An inward outlook produces outward insight.
tkp67

Post by tkp67 »

I find offering fine incense is powerful when experiencing such things. Olfactory influences are very potent in regards to the mind.

:anjali:

Also since it has been posted here prior and you are practitioner of Tibetan tradition I found the following to be quite soothing/cleansing.

The Prayer of Kuntuzangpo (Subtitled) 能显自然根本智普贤王如来祈愿文 (字幕)
cjdevries

Post by cjdevries »

I was thinking about this, as spirit harm has been one of the most difficult experiences of my life. One way to find greater protection is to form a close relationship with a deity like Tara. Things like making offerings, prostrating, expressing devotion can form an important bond. If your devotion is strong, I think there is a better chance that spirit harm will lessen. I think either Tara or Kwan Yin's compassion is so great that it can overcome a lot. I had an experience about 3 months ago of being harassed and attacked by karmic creditors in a dream. I got cornered. It seemed obvious that I had hurt these people in the past and they were out for revenge; all I could do was just think of my devotion to Tara. I just concentrated on my devotion with everything I had; and then many Taras began manifesting and with the manifestations came waves of compassion. The karmic creditors stopped attacking me and began to prostrate to the images of Tara that were manifesting. They felt so much devotion and relief at encountering Tara. I think Tara is miraculous.
"Please call me by my true names so I can wake up; so the door of my heart can be left open: the door of compassion." -Thich Nhat Hanh

"Ask: what's needed of you" -Akong Rinpoche

"Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Gandhi
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

+1
Mirror

Post by Mirror »

The best protection is loving-kindness. It's common knowledge in all religions, that exorcists must have loving-kindness in order to protect themselves. Demons are connected to strong negative emotions such as grief, anger, fear, etc. Loving-kindness is an antidote to all of these emotions, so that's why it's the best protection. It destroys the cause, which are these negative emotions.
Memento mori
Remember that you die
karmanyingpo

Post by karmanyingpo »

Hello Dharma friend. What have you tried? Have you spoken with a Vajrayana teacher to get their recommendations? This sounds extraordinarily hard. I hope that this situation improves soon.

Return to “Help Required”