Abhidharmakosabhasyam Book Club

Svalaksana

Re: Abhidharmakosabhasyam Book Club

Post by Svalaksana »

Currently going through AKB Ch. 1, V. 5 and I've been complementing the Chimzö study with reading the verse discussions on this section and it's been very helpful. Every single participant has had interesting input, whether based on actual knowledge, through questioning or clarification, by inference or speculation.

On a small sidenote, at an earlier stage of my participation in the forum, I had a couple of scuffles with both Malcolm and Grigoris, mostly due to what I believe were misunderstandings on a communication level, which might be partially explained by the fact that I'm not a native English speaker. However, seeing the depth of understanding of both users in here (and of all others in fact), not just in regards to the AKB, but of Buddhism in general, has made me rethink the impression that I was left with after our awry interactions. Their approach when it comes to challenging confusion and wrong ideas might still be a tad too uninhibited and even confrontational for my usual conflict-defusal leaning nature, but their knowledge is outstanding and unquestionable regardless. I can safely say that I have grown to respect them for that.

Anyway, hope people here still consider following through with the book club, it would definitely be a valuable venture, especially for me, with the chance of learning with you all.
Looking but not seeing - that's my eye.
Thinking but not minding - that's my mind.
Speaking but not expressing - that's my tongue.
Traveling but not going - that's my path.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Manjushri wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:56 amTheir approach when it comes to challenging confusion and wrong ideas might still be a tad too uninhibited and even confrontational
It helps to remember that it’s not the person that is being negated, but the sentence on the page. It isn’t personal.
GDPR_Anonymized001

Post by GDPR_Anonymized001 »

Is anyone still reading? I believe we've lost Greg. QQ, Peter? Are you still interested?
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

I am but circumstances have prevented me from writing. I will pick it up again on the first day of the new year - seems like an appropriate time.
Queequeg
Former staff member

Post by Queequeg »

jake wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:41 am Is anyone still reading? I believe we've lost Greg. QQ, Peter? Are you still interested?
Still here. Have been side tracked. Let's get back to it.
There is no suffering to be severed. Ignorance and klesas are indivisible from bodhi. There is no cause of suffering to be abandoned. Since extremes and the false are the Middle and genuine, there is no path to be practiced. Samsara is nirvana. No severance achieved. No suffering nor its cause. No path, no end. There is no transcendent realm; there is only the one true aspect. There is nothing separate from the true aspect.
-Guanding, Perfect and Sudden Contemplation,
Svalaksana

Post by Svalaksana »

As expressed above, willing to get on board too.
Looking but not seeing - that's my eye.
Thinking but not minding - that's my mind.
Speaking but not expressing - that's my tongue.
Traveling but not going - that's my path.

Return to “Abhidharmakosabhasyam Book Club”