Sweeping Zen appeal for Kubutsu Malone

kirtu
Former staff member

Sweeping Zen appeal for Kubutsu Malone

Post by kirtu »

An appeal from Sweeping Zen for Kubutsu Malone:
Kobutsu Malone, a person who has worked tirelessly to address ethical issues within the American Zen community with his Shimano Archives and Sasaki Archives, is in ailing health and needs the community's support. Kobutsu, who is indigent, recently returned from the hospital having had some heart attacks and stroke, something he is no stranger to.
He is having great difficulty completing everyday tasks like laundry, cleaning, cooking. I spoke with him last night and was greatly concerned with what I was seeing. He told me he spent hours converting a document in to PDF form, constantly forgetting what he was to do.
Kobutsu is in need of cleaning services and also needs help with paying for medicines. Your support will go a long way toward helping a real friend to us all. I may create a GoFundMe campaign on his behalf at some point but, for now, please visit his Engaged Zen Foundation website and make a contribution (PayPal link at bottom right). Thank you!
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
JieshiShan

Re: Sweeping Zen appeal for Kubutsu Malone

Post by JieshiShan »

RIP KOBUTSU Malone
山结实 Shan Jiēshi
禅四轮
KristenM

Post by KristenM »

JieshiShan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:31 pm RIP KOBUTSU Malone
It doesn’t sound like he is dead yet. He needs assistance.
clyde

Post by clyde »

The appeal was from a very old posting on the long-defunct Sweeping Zen website.

Kobutsu Malone passes away years ago. 🙏🏼
“Enlightenment means to see what harm you are involved in and to renounce it.” David Brazier, The New Buddhism

“The most straightforward advice on awakening enlightened mind is this: practice not causing harm to anyone—yourself or others—and every day, do what you can to be helpful.” Pema Chodron, “What to Do When the Going Gets Rough”

Return to “Zen”